DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buying Mavic Air 2 in USA to use mainly in UK?

gstam42

Reactions
Hi all,

I'm a PhD student in the UK, but I'm currently back home in the USA. I have a Mavic Mini that I bought in the UK and brought home with me, but I'm frustrated with its lack of range so have decided to purchase a Mavic Air 2 instead. I found a great price in the US, so want to buy here and fly a few times before I bring it back to the UK.

As long as I register in both locations, I should be okay, right?

Reactions: Hauptmann
Be sure to follow USA rules in USA and UK rules in UK and you will be fine.

Remember that ADS-B does not (yet) work in UK.

Be sure to follow USA rules in USA and UK rules in UK and you will be fine.

Remember that ADS-B does not (yet) work in UK.

Cheers! Just wanted to make sure there's no difference that could get me in trouble re: hardware. I recall reading that UK-sold Air 2's don't yet have ADS-B; but since mine does, I'll be okay once it's working in the UK?

Cheers! Just wanted to make sure there's no difference that could get me in trouble re: hardware. I recall reading that UK-sold Air 2's don't yet have ADS-B; but since mine does, I'll be okay once it's working in the UK?

Oh, Is there a requirement there that drones be marked according to their weight? The MA2 does not have this mark.

Welcome to our forum, from Hauptmann in the friendly skies of Texas! The MA2 is a terrific machine with a great camera. Lots of cool stuff to shoot in Yorkshire! I suggest that you get the FlyMore kit--you'll appreciate those extra batts.

Read the manual (link below), and be conservative at first. Practice using "Find My Drone" (DJI doesn't make it easy). Don't wait until you lose your MA2 before you try to learn under stress in less than ideal conditions. We have over 100,000 members worldwide to help you advance as a pilot and photographer. Ask for help when you need it. Share your work when you can. Thanks for joining!
h
ttps://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Air_2/20200615/Mavic_Air_2_User_Manual_v1.2_en_.pdf

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851