DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

BVLOS collision avoidance

Cw4bray

Reactions
Other than TFR or a spotter, what techniques are implemented to prevent mid-airs during BVLOS ? How effective are these methods ? A big sky theory and luck, can only work for so long. Once remote ID becomes law, how will it provide conflict resolution ?

Courses and training are available from certified professionals. One very reputable source is: Contact Me -
He will most definitely assist you in obtaining a COA for BVLOS. He has done it before with others. This is assuming you are a 107 and are legit seeking a BVLOS waiver! Beyond that, I cannot give advice on illegal activity.

Thanks for the reply. Just curious how positive safety controls are insured. My impression is that waivers are issued and hazards are overlooked.... I see waivers have been issued to public use entities - (LE) that don't need them, because their operating public use, which allows exemption from FAR's.
As a licensed radio operator and 107 pilot, I may get a BVLOS waiver, by plagiarizing other waiver holders.
I'd feel better knowing a mid-air with another drone while operating BVLOS with my waiver couldn't happen... but that's not the case.

Last edited:
We were successfully operating our BVLOS vehicles with FLARM equipped transponders.
1591027244795.png
Operations took place in a dedicated area with approbiate waivers and NOTAMS in place.

For those interested in the technology: Solutions for UAS operators

Interesting and impressive ! But that won't prevent a mid air with another drone.

How many people by percentage, check NOTAM's and TFR's before flight ?

Last edited:
Mid air collision is not exactly an uncommon event. Even with all the modern electronic equipments on board the most modern ACs. This sounds a bit like the FAA wannabe project dealing with transponders.

Reactions: Cw4bray
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair