DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

C2 Class Question

costica1234

Reactions
Hi all,

This question is for EU folks and it concerns the newly-released Mavic 3 Pro with its C2 certification class.

As an owner of the original Mavic 3, I was able to obtain the C1 certification given that the drone is less than 900 grams. I also have the A1/A3 and A2 licenses, so I can also fly the Mavic 3 Pro in case I decide to purchase it down the road.

However, I'm not sure if the C2 class of the Mavic 3 Pro will result in more take-off restrictions, e.g. when trying to fly the drone in a more crowded place like a city center. I understand the speed and distance restrictions in this case, but will the drone take off or am I going to be required to fill in an online form like I'm doing now when entering authorization zones with my C1-certified Mavic 3?

Sorry if this is a trivial question, but I haven't seen it addressed anywhere else until now. Thank-you!

Well since the regulations of C2 class drone operation don't actually talk about WHERE you fly but what's the enviroment like in terms of other people, it would be practically impossible to build predefined, map-based no-fly-zones.

I mean even denser cities might be deserted-enough e.g. at night to make a C2 flight legal. And on the other hand, otherwise remote area might suddenly be packed with people if there's an event going on.

I’ve seen very few cities of any size where you’d be allowed to fly recreational flights in city center.

that is in places where they publish maps.

and for most people who are going to register by simply taking an online test, not any professional licenses.

BTW if you Google “EU A2 drone license” it returns a lot of links to private companies offering training for you to obtain the A2 certificate and these seem to start from about €50 to hundreds of Euros, at least in English.

BTW if you Google “EU A2 drone license” it returns a lot of links to private companies offering training for you to obtain the A2 certificate and these seem to start from about €50 to hundreds of Euros, at least in English.
I already have the A2 certificate as mentioned in the original post.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka