DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CAA changed my operator ID!!

Bala

Reactions
I have just renewed my operator ID with the CAA. They have changed the number from last year. I had, only 6 months ago, received a page of ready made stickers with the old number from the US? The CAA have now said that this years number is for keeps. Only wish last years was for good! Luckily i only have one drone but what a hassle for those with more. Anyone else having to change everything???

Reactions: Dawn
unfortunately this was mentioned several months ago,i renewed mine in November 2020 and when the online renewal was completed it said that any renewals after December would get a new number ,there was a thread about it on the forum

unfortunately this was mentioned several months ago,i renewed mine in November 2020 and when the online renewal was completed it said that any renewals after December would get a new number ,there was a thread about it on the forum
Thanks. Wish i'd spotted that.

Reactions: old man mavic
They did say in the original email that numbers wouldn’t stay the same. It’s annoying.

it does seem to be nit picking ,but remember that all the rules with regards to drones and registration etc have had a major overhaul, as of the first of January 2021, and once your current OP number is due for renewal this year, then that number will stick with you, the flyer ID ,has been changed as well it now lasts for 5 years ,which is better than the three years ,previously

I suspect it's to fall in line with EASA regs with which we comply. I took a A1/A3 authorisation exam with a Luxembourg company, Eurocontrol Training Institute and received a Luxembourg authorisation with a number beginning LUX. The great thing is that it now allows me to fly anywhere in the EU, and the even greater thing is, it was free!
Anyone thinking of travelling to the EU after lockdown ends, it's well worth doing. The course is online and in English.

I suspect it's to fall in line with EASA regs with which we comply. I took a A1/A3 authorisation exam with a Luxembourg company, Eurocontrol Training Institute and received a Luxembourg authorisation with a number beginning LUX. The great thing is that it now allows me to fly anywhere in the EU, and the even greater thing is, it was free!
Anyone thinking of travelling to the EU after lockdown ends, it's well worth doing. The course is online and in English.
I did that course today. Took me 90 minutes. Here's the link if anybody is interested UAS Remote Pilot Open Category - A1+A3 [GEN-UAS-OPEN-A1+A3] Gen-UAS-page-001.jpg

Reactions: Dawn

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54