DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CAA Flyer ID Details - Help Needed

validatekev

Reactions
Having completed registration and received my operator ID and flyer ID details I was wondering if any one had applied their flyer ID to a MPZ an d if so what did they use and where did they put it?

I used one of those hand held labelling machines. I put it just in front of the battery compartment on my Mavic Pro.

edit - some helpful info in the thread here UK Registration:

I’ve also used a labelling machine for my ID but as yet not attached it to my flying thingy. Looks like I’ll be sticking it to the side of my drone or on one of the arms.

Ive also attached one to the top of my carry case if for some reason it comes of while flying.

There have been a lot of Facebook forums with guys e-mailing the CAA, about putting the label in the battery compartment of a Mavic. The CAA has said that as long as you don't need a special tool to take the battery off and reveal the OP label, it's perfectly legal. In other words, the part about being visible while the UAV is on the ground, doesn't mean that it has to be visible 'without removing the battery'. So - if you don't want to display your OP number for all and sundry to clone - then put it on the floor of the battery compartment.

So - if you don't want to display your OP number for all and sundry to clone

VLOS for that would be about 1m or less with my eyesight?

I have mine on a front prop arm as the label is quite long at large print size and also a smaller print size copy on M2 Pro battery outside. On the Anafi the bird is so anorexic it has to be the battery side. On the Air it has a large top so on there. On the training Visuo xs812 on top also.

I am not in the least concerned about anyone seeing and cloning my ID while taking off and landing. Good luck with that. If it gets lost then I am at the mercy of anyone who finds it and matters not whether it is festooned with IDs. Easy to get too paranoid IMO.

Good advice to carry spares with you. Coating the labels with a clear lacquer may extend what is likely to be a relatively short existence in regular use.

There have been a lot of Facebook forums with guys e-mailing the CAA, about putting the label in the battery compartment of a Mavic. The CAA has said that as long as you don't need a special tool to take the battery off and reveal the OP label, it's perfectly legal. In other words, the part about being visible while the UAV is on the ground, doesn't mean that it has to be visible 'without removing the battery'. So - if you don't want to display your OP number for all and sundry to clone - then put it on the floor of the battery compartment.
That contradicts the information in this post, in which the CAA specifically said not to put them in the battery compartment.

Quote @oldmanmavic 'i thought that as well and called the caa helpline for clarification i was told that it had to be visible without a police officer having to do any dismantling on the outside of the body of the drone i did add that it does not require any tools to take off the battery but was told it was still dismantling'

I've also had an email from the CAA telling me NOT to put them in the battery compartment as the ID needs to be visible without removing components and preferably from the ground prior to take off or after landing.

Remove!
Good reminder thanks. Didn't do that so will now.

I am quite good now at remembering but often forget to unfold the front legs/antennae of the Air so will attach a sticker with "Legs!" on it.

Although no gimbal cover on the Anafi a reminder to remove the lens cover wouldn't go amiss although should be quite obvious! but might avoid a trip back to the landing pad.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3