DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CAA PfCO UK training, London - cheapest/best/suggestions?

cedarsphoto

Reactions
I'm a hobbyist photographer & drone operator and would like to improve my skill/ability and have the ability to fly my drone in places that are currently restricted in order to shoot a range of personal projects. Commercial work is not something I have plans for but it's a potential future option.

To date I've been focusing on improving my flying skill and sticking to the rules.

I know a PfCO is the way to go, however the training cost/requirements are substantial - most seem to be about £1000+VAT at a minimum, and the courses themselves last anywhere up to 4 days which would require time off work and further increase the cost. As a hobbyist, it might be pushing this out of reach.

Does anyone know of a cost effective remote/distance learning option, or somewhere around London that offers cheaper training. I think I know the answer to this before I've asked but I have to try!

It's frustrating being a responsible pilot then seeing unqualified morons throwing their drones around without qualification - I want to do it properly and safely but the entry bar is prohibitive.

Even if I have to do it over a longer period, like Open University style, from home and then take a day for the flight tests - that might be more workable.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143