DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

cable for attaching Controller to Galaxy TabA

Reactions
I'm working on an adapter to use a Galaxy Tab A with my controller. I'd like to buy a cable that goes from the controller to the tablet, , especially if I could find one with sideways plugs like the original.
I've heard that there are two types of these cables- some are only adequate for charging, and some for carrying data. Anyone know the proper name of such a cable, and also the name for the controller end plug, and the tablet end plug, and what do you call those sideways plugs?
And where would I get one?
Thanks so much

... the name for the controller end plug, and the tablet end plug, and what do you call those sideways plugs?
And where would I get one?
Micro USB , 90 degree plug. I bought mine on Amazon a year ago and works great on my Tab A. Plug it into the RC center USB port and unplug the short DJI cable from the side.

Thank you. So as far as you know, there is no qualitative difference between a charging cable (i.e. for a cell phone) and a data-carrying cable?

Thank you. So as far as you know, there is no qualitative difference between a charging cable (i.e. for a cell phone) and a data-carrying cable?
There is definitely a difference. A charge-only cable may lack the conductors to carry data. Fewer wires lowers the cost. Many inexpensive cables you may get at a gas station are charge only.

Micro USB , 90 degree plug. I bought mine on Amazon a year ago and works great on my Tab A. Plug it into the RC center USB port and unplug the short DJI cable from the side.

View attachment 72466

Actually, MAYBE it is the micro usb-C (C) type. At least, it is on my Samsung Tab A. The newer type C which can be inserted in other direction.

Actually, MAYBE it is the micro usb-C (C) type. At least, it is on my Samsung Tab A. The newer type C which can be inserted in other direction.
My Tab A is a few years old, so definitely confirm you are getting the proper plug for yours.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent