DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cable on controller

lowellton

Reactions
Hi there fellow . Did you ever take off the cable on your controller? I barely take this off from my controller. Thanksimage.jpg

He has a Mini. Does not have bottom USB.
I take it out all the time to connect my tablet. Make sure when you plug in the cable, you do it in the correct position or you can damage over the time the OTG port. When this happened the charging board needs to be replaced.

I am very happy DJI is getting away from those ports and now is using USB C.

Last edited:
I remove it before putting the controller back in the case. So far no issues. Just careful when plugging it in.

I remove mine after every session. I marked the cable and the controller with some fingernail polish so plug orientation is alway right.

I've generally left it in. Remove for charging. I have to look and see if there's some adapter from Apple Lightning to an ordinary usb A for attaching to a charging block.

I've generally left it in. Remove for charging. I have to look and see if there's some adapter from Apple Lightning to an ordinary usb A for attaching to a charging block.

You can buy Apple pencil charging leads which have USB male to lightning female connectors but I don't know if these would work to charge the RC. I'm also on the lookout for this type of lead to save having to unplug my lightning connector each time I charge the RC.

Reactions: ff22
You can buy Apple pencil charging leads which have USB male to lightning female connectors but I don't know if these would work to charge the RC. I'm also on the lookout for this type of lead to save having to unplug my lightning connector each time I charge the RC.
Yes, after a bunch of searching I found those but I''l not sure that they would work, kind of backwards. Also, there's comments that the female aspect is deeper to accommodate the longer lead on the pencil, so a regular lightning contact might not make contact with the leads inside the adapter. It might be worth the less than $10 cost. I saved a few of those links earlier.

Reactions: maelstrom

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS