DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cache video longer than micro sd card video

VA Farms

Reactions
Hello,

I did a search but was not able to find an answer. I’m new to drones, flown RC in the past.

I have a new Mavic Pro, I took two videos during this flight. 64gb Samsung evo plus U3 card, formatted in the Mavic using the controller before the flight. Playing back the video on the DJI GO 4.0 app is 9:08, when I pulled the card and watched it on my computer the video is 9:05.

That was the first video, the second video is 9:05 on both.

Any idea why it would be different?

Thank you!

Hello,

I did a search but was not able to find an answer. I’m new to drones, flown RC in the past.

I have a new Mavic Pro, I took two videos during this flight. 64gb Samsung evo plus U3 card, formatted in the Mavic using the controller before the flight. Playing back the video on the DJI GO 4.0 app is 9:08, when I pulled the card and watched it on my computer the video is 9:05.

That was the first video, the second video is 9:05 on both.

Any idea why it would be different?

Thank you!
My guess is it has to do with the playback speed. If you film at 30fps for instance it’s actually 29.97fps. Some video players might round this up and play this video back at 30fps. Playing a video at a higher frame rate means the video will play back faster and thus be shorter

Could it be, that the video stored on the SD-Card ist cut into more then one part, due to the filesize exceeding the max. android/windows filesize?
Since the MP4 on your phone/tablet is lower quality, the filesize will be smaller, so the automatic cut would not appear.

Great suggestion, I had to go back and check Olav, unfortunately there are only two files on the SD card, they were the ones taken during the flight. The end of the first video is not on the second video. But I think you are onto something, looking at other videos where I shot a longer video on prior flights, they seem to break up into videos that are about 9:05 long. It could be so close that it never created a second file for a few seconds?

It relates to the maximum filesize under androids/windows, if you're used to apple (like I am), it is a bit weird. Even for a few seconds (at least on my MA) it makes an extra file. There are no framedrops between the files (as far as I have seen yet), it just makes editing a bit complicater. But life is a challenge over all, so...

It is probably from the DJI limit on writing files longer than 4gb to the sd card. DJI starts a new file, and looses a few frames in the process. The cache file is on the tablet, at a lower resolution, and at least on an iPad, doesn’t have this limit.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada