DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Calibrate compass error

Bryan0026

Reactions
Has anyone had the Calibrate Compass error consistently on start up? I’m always getting this error at start up forcing me to calibrate it every time before I fly. Is this normal? I fly in similar areas so don’t know why. Help!

Has anyone had the Calibrate Compass error consistently on start up? I’m always getting this error at start up forcing me to calibrate it every time before I fly. Is this normal? I fly in similar areas so don’t know why. Help!
It's definitely not normal.
If you move away to another location does it still come up?
Are you clear of possible sources of magnetic interference like cars, steel objects or reinforced concrete?

Mine does it quite often, but I'm usually near my truck or concrete. I need to do more tests to see if I can narrow down if it's a location issue, user error, or a problem with the Air.

Mine does it quite often, but I'm usually near my truck or concrete. I need to do more tests to see if I can narrow down if it's a location issue, user error, or a problem with the Air.
That's what it's supposed to do.
It's warning you of a magnetic field problem with your location.
Switch it off and move away from the steel or reinforced concrete it's warning you about.

That's what it's supposed to do.
It's warning you of a magnetic field problem with your location.
Switch it off and move away from the steel or reinforced concrete it's warning you about.
So if I switch it off, move to a new area and turn it back on, I won't have to recalibrate?

So if I switch it off, move to a new area and turn it back on, I won't have to recalibrate?
Exactly ... the compass error is not a fault in your compass that needs to be "fixed".
It's really a compass warning.

Reactions: Astom22
That can’t be it because it did it to me in two different states
It happening in two different states is irrelevant.
What magnetic fields were close to the drone at those two locations is what matters.

It's definitely not normal.
If you move away to another location does it still come up?
Are you clear of possible sources of magnetic interference like cars, steel objects or reinforced concrete?

Yes regardless where I am it still comes up. Very strange! I’m shooting residential most of the time so out in the middle of the streets, not near anything.

It happening in two different states is irrelevant.
What magnetic fields were close to the drone at those two locations is what matters.

Yeah for me I’m not near anything, out in the middle of an asphalt street.

It did not start this till after the new FW now it will do it every time it starts up.

Only happens to me if I’m near metal or a magnetic field...if I move away it’s fine. If it’s prompting you EVERY time then something is wrong.

Reactions: mrparish
I don't know if you can roll back when you do the update over wifi . I was not at my computer to use DJI2.
And from what I understand .400 was a problem in its self so don't know if I would want to roll back.

You guys keep asking if I am on or around metal and no I am not i can take off from the same place that my Phantom 4 pro and it will not give me a Calibrate Compass error it started with the new firmware. I did not have a problem till I updated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest