DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Calibrating the lens

Palliz

Reactions
Anyone tried to re-calibrate their Mavic lens yet? I just can't get it right for whatever reason. Am I missing something in the steps listed ?

CAMERA SETTINGS
Calibrate again

CALIBRATE THE LENS
Calibrate now

1. Point the lens toward a distant target
2. Tap on a high contrast target that is at least 50m away (164ft )

OK - "Done all that" - Then I get the following even though I am centering on targets at LEAST 1/2 mile away!

Calibration target not far away enough. Please calibrate using infinity

Always the target too **** close!

Anyone?

Thanks in advance

I didn't even know there was that option. Wheread about is that setting?

Also tried and also always had the "too close" message. It's foggy here so I gave it the benefit of the doubt for now, but I did point it to a clearly well visible and highly detailed target 100m away when it says min 50m is needed.

Actually got an idea I need to try... but I guess the default calibration is just so way off (as can be seen by the virtual "wheel" having at least 1/4th of its throw beyond infinity). Or the feature is just supposed not to be available on the Mavic and was added by mistake.

Also tried and also always had the "too close" message. It's foggy here so I gave it the benefit of the doubt for now, but I did point it to a clearly well visible and highly detailed target 100m away when it says min 50m is needed.

Actually got an idea I need to try... but I guess the default calibration is just so way off (as can be seen by the virtual "wheel" having at least 1/4th of its throw beyond infinity). Or the feature is just supposed not to be available on the Mavic and was added by mistake.
Yes I've pretty much tried everything to get this calibration to work - says the same thing every time - Calibration target not far away enough.!
Gonna have to tweak my sharpness settings - seems since updating the firmware has knocked out sharpness & I don't like the new color settings either.
Believe iphone get a better deal than Android - I MUCH prefer my compass separate from the map AND would love to be able to tap the compass to make it bigger in the center of the screen too. I do prefer the GO 4 app over the GO app though.............can't have it all ways huh

I eventually got it to work during flight, it seems like if anything in frame is closer than infinity it shows the fail message even though you picked a distant point.

I eventually got it to work during flight, it seems like if anything in frame is closer than infinity it shows the fail message even though you picked a distant point.
OK good I guess trial & error as I have been doing the flight thing still with no luck!
Try again today
Thanks

Go to the camera menu click cog ( top far right icon ) & scroll down to the bottom 'Calibrate Again' ( see attached image )

Attachments

• 2016-12-20-11-14-04.png
    2016-12-20-11-14-04.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 160
Go to the camera menu click cog ( top far right icon ) & scroll down to the bottom 'Calibrate Again' ( see attached image )
Thanks. That's not an option for me. I know I'm on the latest version of DGI Go 4 on iOS.

Any news for iOS? Correctly focused night shots are nearly impossible as in manual focusing "infinite" is way out of focus.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji