DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Calibrating visual sensors using DJI Assistant 2 for Mini 3 Pro

BroomRider

Reactions
I've encountered a problem with calibrations...

I got everything else done, except for (re)calibrating the M3P visual sensors.

I have the DJI Assistant 2 (consumer series). Works fine for updating, etc.

I've tried several times to do the (re)calibration procedure following the described steps, & it just won't work.

What's worse, I can't find anything on the interweb, no step-by-step procedure, no tutorials, no guides, anywhere, for doing that with the M3P & using the DJI Assistant 2 (consumer series).

I tried following a how-to on YouTube for the Mavic with the DJI Assistant 2, & that's an earlier video, & trying the same procedure, Negatory.

If there's an up-to-date source for the M3P, I'd love to have it!

If that function is broken, bugged, or otherwise unusable, I'd like to know that too, so I can stop trying to use it (or wait until DJI gets it fixed!)

Reactions: Felix le Chat
Odd that there doesn’t seem to be something on YouTube that shows that procedure or even a DJI tutorial. Page 19 in the owners manual was all I could find.

what doesn't work? can you access sensor calibration menu? does it show some kind of error?
I can start the process using the DJI Assistant 2 menu, but after that, I follow the directions, drone powered on, front visual sensors directed towards the middle of the screen of my monitor & USB cable connected as directed, & I get the fullscreen display on my monitor, but after that, nothing.

No function, no interaction, no response, & the 2 little boxes in the lower left of the screen show red Xs. I wait, trying/hoping for something more, & either a "failed" message comes up, or it just hangs with no further progress with the calibration & I eventually shut down the process.

My monitor screen is ~27" diagonal, & I hold the drone ~2' away.

@BroomRider you only need to calibrate the sensors if there is an issue with them,each time the drone is turned on the vision sensors, if an issue is present will do an automatic calibration ,this can be because of where the drone is in relation to the position of an obstacle close to it, or because there is a lack of light for the sensors to function correctly ,if this does not fix the issue, then an error message will appear and ask for a manual calibration ,if you have not received such a message ,then that could be what is preventing the manual calibration from working

Reactions: BroomRider
Maybe try reducing your screen size?
Such as, backing the drone away from the screen? I can try that at varying distances, but since I get no view of what the sensors see, it would be hit-or-miss.

As try using a smaller screen/monitor, that's what I have.

Perhaps DJI can address the issue; no mention of screen size is made anywhere, nor the distance to hold the drone, nor anything else as to how to use the application other than the very brief & simple instruction in the app, nor even if it's only supposed to be used if there's an error shown with the sensor calibration.

I guess the next recourse is to file a bug complaint directly with DJI. I've asked the very same question on the DJI forum, but have gotten no response yet. DJI Assistant 2: What is it?

Such as, backing the drone away from the screen? I can try that at varying distances, but since I get no view of what the sensors see, it would be hit-or-miss.

As try using a smaller screen/monitor, that's what I have.

Perhaps DJI can address the issue; no mention of screen size is made anywhere, nor the distance to hold the drone, nor anything else as to how to use the application other than the very brief & simple instruction in the app, nor even if it's only supposed to be used if there's an error shown with the sensor calibration.

I guess the next recourse is to file a bug complaint directly with DJI. I've asked the very same question on the DJI forum, but have gotten no response yet. DJI Assistant 2: What is it?
Maybe try a different version of DJI assistant 2? you should be getting live view of what the sensors see.

Distance from screen is determined by the calibration procedure.
Reduce the screen size itself is what my thoughts are. Not sure if it will do the trick, but worth a try.

I believe he’s on the correct one. The other ones won’t recognize the aircraft.
That's " she's " but I'll let that pass. ;)

I'll try to see if it's possible to reduce the size of the calibration screen, but it's shown full-screen.

Attachments

• DJI_0006 128GB card (12).JPG
    DJI_0006 128GB card (12).JPG
    138 KB · Views: 3
I've encountered a problem with calibrations...

I got everything else done, except for (re)calibrating the M3P visual sensors.

I have the DJI Assistant 2 (consumer series). Works fine for updating, etc.

I've tried several times to do the (re)calibration procedure following the described steps, & it just won't work.

What's worse, I can't find anything on the interweb, no step-by-step procedure, no tutorials, no guides, anywhere, for doing that with the M3P & using the DJI Assistant 2 (consumer series).

I tried following a how-to on YouTube for the Mavic with the DJI Assistant 2, & that's an earlier video, & trying the same procedure, Negatory.

If there's an up-to-date source for the M3P, I'd love to have it!

If that function is broken, bugged, or otherwise unusable, I'd like to know that too, so I can stop trying to use it (or wait until DJI gets it fixed!)
Same here. Followed the usual procedure using the Assistant 2 for latest DJI drones and my Mini 3 Pro isn't even recognised. Used the USB C to USB provided in the box - Nada - tried other data/charge cables... Nada. Tried connecting to PC with USB 3 port... Nada. I'm just grateful that a number of other people are having the same, or similar issues... shows that it's probably buggy firmware and not a physical fault with the data hookup through the USB C port on the backside of the drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143