DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Calibrating

Lets Fly

Reactions
So, when doing a compass calibration you should be away from any metal or anything that could mess with the settings,
What if you are calibrating the joy sticks, is there any interference from anything like metal, computers or anything else that
could affect that calibration? I am still trying to fix a yaw to the right, and mostly every where I look it says to calibrate the joy sticks and gimble.
I have done that but always inside. Just wondering if it makes a difference being near anything when calibrating the controller?

with regards to the gimbal just make sure that the mav is on a level surface ,and with the joy sticks you should be ok as long as you are not near a strong magnetic source such as hifi
speakers or other magnetic things

What if you are calibrating the joy sticks, is there any interference from anything like metal, computers or anything else that
could affect that calibration?
don't know but you wont do any harm by being distant from any such things

Agreed, Iwill try it outside away from anything and see if that works. Thanks for the reply's.
If your going to that extreme don’t have a phone on you or a watch
or anything on you metal. I do mine at my computer desk with phone normally sitting close by and havn’t had any issues but you never know till you try. Good luck ?.

So, when doing a compass calibration you should be away from any metal or anything that could mess with the settings,
could affect that calibration? I am still trying to fix a yaw to the right, and mostly every where I look it says to calibrate the joy sticks and gimble.
I have done that but always inside. Just wondering if it makes a difference being near anything when calibrating the controller?
Regarding your yaw issue...
How fast is it?
Does it settle down after a few minutes, or keep going throughout the flight?

The reason I’m asking is I have a similar issue. It’s very slow, then stabilizes after a few minutes. Screws up my time lapse shots. I haven’t run a calibration lately on the RC, but I probably should.

Regarding your yaw issue...
How fast is it?
Does it settle down after a few minutes, or keep going throughout the flight?

The reason I’m asking is I have a similar issue. It’s very slow, then stabilizes after a few minutes. Screws up my time lapse shots. I haven’t run a calibration lately on the RC, but I probably should.
Its a slow turn only to the right. It will occasionally jump right. I have had this air for 20 months and went back on my video's and noticed it happening
about the end of may. I have not let it turn long enough to see if would stop, although i would pull the stick left hold it and it would not do it again until
I again went to turn right. Everything I look at says calibration, but seems like a spring thing. Still working on calibration.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biggej