DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

California

Raoul76

Reactions
Hi I'm from Canada, I'm going to be in the San Diego area and want to know what the regulations are for flying my mini 2. I want to flay mainly over water along the beaches.

Not trying to be snarky, but Google drone laws in San Diego. Some locales have strict rules regarding where you can launch and land. They DO NOT control air space. And since San Diego is home to several military installations, you may not be able to fly at all due to those airspace restrictions.

San Diego is a fun city to visit. As for flying a drone in San Diego, there is much military in the area and the airports which are no-fly zones or restricted. I have flown in Chula Vista which is south end of the bay but you would be surrounded by those pesky zones on 3 sides. La Jolla to the north has some nice beach parks with no restrictions. Use one of the many apps such as Aloft/B4ufly for other locations in San Diego.

San Diego has a document about flying drones there, seems fairly basic to me. ->>San Diego Drones

Just found this->> 5 Places to Drone in San Diego

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hi Raoul76. Might be worth you while to check the FAA website for U.S. drone laws/rules. If I recall correctly being from Canada you will need to acquire the trust certificate from the FAA in order to fly your drone in U.S.
Anyone out there in the forum world that can verify this.

It will help if you get familiar with the zone unlocking procedure. There are lots of blue zone in SD what will help free up flying areas. Generally you can do this on the spot, good for 3 days.

Reactions: hiflyer201
San Diego airspace can be a challenge no matter what you're flying due to the class B, North Island, and Miramar but there are plenty of flyable areas. Hope you post some videos

Reactions: db4476
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato