DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Calling all mavic pro 2 owners !

Goldenmember1000

Reactions
Hi guys I’m just awaiting for a new ribbon cable for this camera /gimbal after a crash which may or may not help but after some research and advice from thunderdrones have looked at gimbal motor side of things and have found a difference in the gaps (see photo) between the motors and camera ? can anyone with same drone send me a picture of theirs to see what it should normally look like ?
Thanks
1d6787c0f121e81d64aa189323ffd868.jpg

IMG_2371.jpeg

Reactions: Former Member
Thanks ! Yours looks like it has a slightly larger gap on the left motor ? Mine on the right ??
It appears that way but is very small . I also have no issue's with mine .

Thanks , I think it’s a cable issue as there is a dent in it so hope new one fixes gimbal overload message and lack of camera movement control .
Hello Goldenmember1000,

Please let me know what cable did you get. I have the same issue like yours. My pro camera gimbal is no longer working. I still have all the camera functions like video feed, record, and take pictures. I replaced the flat cable that connects the gimbal to the drone body, but that didn't fix the issue. I don't know if your drone still do this, but my gimbal still performs the initial "dance" when start the drone up. Please let me know how it goes for you. Thanks

Also yeah, my gimbal has the same gap like yours. I don't know if it was there since the beginning or after I crashed my drone.

Also yeah, my gimbal has the same gap like yours. I don't know if it was there since the beginning or after I crashed my drone.

The gap where the gimbal connects with the camera appears to be present in most photos of the mavic so it’s nothing to worry about I think, the cable I’ve order is the flat one you describe that connects the gimbal and camera to the body , it has a dent in it so I’m hoping a new cable is the answer. I’m gonna leave the drone on for a while and see if the gimbal motors get hot ?

I think it’s a motor issue as I can hear a little crackle on start up when the camera pitches up and down, also my start up dance is different to those I’ve seen on YouTube ??? Maybe I damaged cable and motors !!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143