DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Calling nice Mavic Mini owners !

AeroJ

Reactions
Hey you guys

I have a small favour to ask, if you would be so kind as to indulge me ?

A friend and I are doing a 3D model of a Mavic mini as a little personal project, and I have been searching the internets high and low for decent side view of the MM with its arms open. Alas I am failing so far ! Would you any of you guys be kind enough to sit your MM on a flat surface with the arms open, aim a phone from as straight on to the side as you can get it, and send me a photo of it ? If so I would be most grateful ! Can also share the model when finished if anyone is interested...

Thanks for reading...

Aero J

Hey you guys

I have a small favour to ask, if you would be so kind as to indulge me ?

A friend and I are doing a 3D model of a Mavic mini as a little personal project, and I have been searching the internets high and low for decent side view of the MM with its arms open. Alas I am failing so far ! Would you any of you guys be kind enough to sit your MM on a flat surface with the arms open, aim a phone from as straight on to the side as you can get it, and send me a photo of it ? If so I would be most grateful ! Can also share the model when finished if anyone is interested...

Thanks for reading...

Aero J
Would help if you actually said what you want?!

• Sad
Reactions: MaxE1955!
Interesting . . . I did a quick search and, although there are line diagrams of the Mavic Mini, couldn't find one with a side view. Are you planning to 3D print the model?

Reactions: AeroJ
Interesting . . . I did a quick search and, although there are line diagrams of the Mavic Mini, couldn't find one with a side view. Are you planning to 3D print the model?
Yeah it seems mad that I couldn't find one immediately, let alone after a protracted search ! But you guys to the rescue, which, with hindsight is where I should have come in the first place...
We're not planning to print it so far - it's more of a Subdivision surface exercise, so we're trying to nail the perfect topology, and we're only doing the outer shell initially I think...

Still would be very easy to convert that to a printable model...

Thank you all again...

Yeah it seems mad that I couldn't find one immediately, let alone after a protracted search ! But you guys to the rescue, which, with hindsight is where I should have come in the first place...
We're not planning to print it so far - it's more of a Subdivision surface exercise, so we're trying to nail the perfect topology, and we're only doing the outer shell initially I think...

Still would be very easy to convert that to a printable model...

Thank you all again...
There's a scanned model on Thingiverse that I tried to use, but it's such a massive model (ridiculously small triangles) that I don't have any software that could edit it. So, yeah, please let us know what you come up with.

Reactions: AeroJ
Hi, hope these help. We’re in the final days of Tết, the Vietnamese lunar NY. Your pal will have to ignore the background stuff.
2a8a511d76c5c97e4b14f1324a3cef8a.jpg

e7fc274c4d2a5ec59d4e92232bff02bd.jpg

Best

Reactions: m80116
Chúc Mừng Năm Mới, as they say :). It is now the year of the rat.
386536c455ad0aaaea30bf4f0be9b82e.jpg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erroos