DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera Broken piece...could it be repaired by me? is it necessary? THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

dlopezjurado

Reactions
Hi all!

Last day I was flying with my Mavic, perfect as always, no problem and nothing went wrong, but when I arrived home, I saw a piece was broken.

Sorry about my English, but I don´t know how to say correctly many things
I´m attaching some pictures to make it easier to understand....

It is the small piece of "metal" on the back of the camera, that fits with the plastic piece that tight the gimbal when we have to transport the Mavic.
It was perfectly packed, so it happened going home. I don´t know how!

My questions are:
1.-Could it be repaired by me? (how? suggestions?)
2.-Is it necessary? (I turned the Mavic on, and it works perfectly, and stabilize the camera perfectly....so...I can say that by now, it is not affecting the Mavic basic functions.)
3.-If it is better to repair it, or it cannot be repaired by me...what should I do? Contact DJI? Someone has an idea about how much could it cost? (I don´t want them to change my firmware....)

The only issue I se e is that now, I cannot tight the gimbal with the plastic piece, so, it is always "untight"...so...it looks like more weak than usual when it is clamped. Any suggestion to get it tight again with this piece broken?

Any suggestions are welcomed!

Thanks a lot!!!

P.S.: Take a look at attached pictures...

20171101_190959.jpg 20171101_191025.jpg 20171101_191100.jpg 20171101_191114.jpg 20171101_191123.jpg 20171101_191143.jpg 20171101_191159.jpg 20171101_191207.jpg

Its only plastic, I just unscrewed it and glued it back together

Thunderdrones sells them

its not required for for normal use but I like to secure the gimbal when not in use

Reactions: dlopezjurado
Thanks a lot @Haloweenhamster !!!!

Please, could someone from @Thunderdrones help me with this? I don´t know where to ask you and check for sure you have that piece.
Thanks for your attention. You could PM me if you want

If any other person could suggest me any other idea, it would be welcomed too!

Thanks

Its a gimbal roll motor back cover
Thanks a lot for your help @Haloweenhamster !!!

But....Is it "just" a gimbal roll motor cover? Or is it something else?

What I mean is that this specific cover is the one that tights to the plastic piece that tightens the whole gimbal when we secure the Mavic...I mean, the gimbal clamp

So...is it just that piece? (gimbal roll motor cover?) Thanks for your patience

If so...I´m trying to contact Thunderdrones here but...it seems nobody answer....Any idea?

THANKS AGAIN!

@dlopezjurado, if you cannot get the plastic cover or able to glue to back together by removing the 2 screws on the piece still attached.
Then you can just leave as is as its not really required and just purchase this gimbal lock from AliExpress which locks over the whole camera body not just by the end of camera.
Sunnylife DJI Mavic PRO Camera Protector Bracket Clip Gimbal Fixator Lock Clamp Camera Lens Cover Buckle Aerial Photos Videos
Sunnylife DJI Mavic PRO Camera Protector Bracket Clip Gimbal Fixator Lock Clamp Camera Lens Cover Buckle Aerial Photos Videos-in Drone Accessories Kits from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
(from AliExpress Android)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000