DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera contamination bubble?

timelinex

Reactions
Hello everyone. Mt Mavic has always worked great with clear images/video. I didnt use my Mavic for a good year or so and when I took it out I noticed there was a clear bubble in the center. It's literally dead center so I just thought it was an updated software addition center point.

A few weeks later and I looked thru all my original video and noticed it's on the video itself too! The center point option is also off!

I literally haven't done or used the camera,, so not sure how it could happen while just sitting there. What gives? Some Googling shows it may be contamination on the sensor?

Anyone know if there is any way to fix this? Is my only option really to spend $300 and replace the gimbal unit?

Thanks for the advice

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20220130-111700_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220130-111700_Gallery.jpg
    391.3 KB · Views: 32
  • SmartSelect_20220130-111719_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220130-111719_Gallery.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 32
Yep ... that's either dust on the sensor or on a lens internally. If it wasn't there when you put your MP aside ... it may very well be some condensation that have dried & left a speck. Earlier the MP & MPP had issues regarding mold on the inner side of the most frontal protection glass, if it's something on that glass it should be possible to see it if you look closely. If anything there it can be a cheap DIY with only changing that glass ... have seen it done some where on WWW but can't find it now.

Was it a cold day? It might just be condensation inside the lens assembly. Your could try drying the drone out by packing it in a sealed box with several packs of desiccant for a week; or if you have a vacuum pot the drone fits in pull it down to a good vacuum for a day or two. See if the spot changes.

If the edge is that sharp, it is probably on the image sensor itself. Disassembling the camera itself will be needed. Note that cleaning image sensors is quite tricky if you want to avoid further damage to the sensor. Replacing the camera (or the gimbal with camera), is the safest course.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Thank you for the responses everyone!! It's not temporary condensation as it's been like this for week or two now. So do I have to buy the entire new gimble for ~$250ish?

How could this happen if it's supposed to be a sealed unit and it happened during storage?

Thank you for the responses everyone!! It's not temporary condensation as it's been like this for week or two now. So do I have to buy the entire new gimble for ~$250ish?

How could this happen if it's supposed to be a sealed unit and it happened during storage?
Even if sealed it's still air in it ... and with air you have moist. So bringing the drone inside to warm abients from cold can create condensation.

Unless hermetically sealed and filled with dry nitrogen or some other gas ... optics are prone to condensation.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00