DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera defect or Camera Setting

Avocet

Reactions
These are the first photos taken with a new M3 Classic, in auto settings - JPG + RAW. The RNG pics are badly banded with red and blue horizontal bands. Is this a setting I overlooked (all auto settings) or a bad camera needing a return.. The jpgs appear to be alright and I haven't taken any video yet .. will do that tomorrow. I manually transfered these via the USBC -> USB cable to my macbook.

Below are screen shots of the DNG files that I cannot for some reason import to a message here on the forum?

Ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 5.31.24 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 5.31.24 PM.png
    6.8 MB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 5.32.13 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 5.32.13 PM.png
    7.6 MB · Views: 9
This is a common problem, and has been widely reported. It is an Apple issue. Your camera and files are fine, and they should display correct if you open them in a RAW converter.

Reactions: Kilrah
This is a common problem, and has been widely reported. It is an Apple issue. Your camera and files are fine, and they should display correct if you open them in a RAW converter.
Thank you sir, I'll go lookin for a converter ... Even the app Acorn can't manage RAW it seems .. guess next I'll try Final Cut ....

Mods, can we delete this thread. Due to my impatience, it is rather redundant at this point. My bad ...

These are the first photos taken with a new M3 Classic, in auto settings - JPG + RAW. The RNG pics are badly banded with red and blue horizontal bands. Is this a setting I overlooked (all auto settings) or a bad camera needing a return.. The jpgs appear to be alright and I haven't taken any video yet .. will do that tomorrow. I manually transfered these via the USBC -> USB cable to my macbook.

Below are screen shots of the DNG files that I cannot for some reason import to a message here on the forum?

Ideas?
Do you have image editing software such as Photoshop? If you will open in Photoshop, you will probably find there is nothing wrong with the images. This is an issue with Apple and the latest IOS update. I recently had the same issue after completing a job which was 2 hours away. I previewd the images on my Mac and was a little freaked out out at first, as I did not want to make the trip to redo the job. When I opened the images in Photoshop, they were perfect. Apple needs to fix this!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair