DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera, Gimbal and flight stability issues

SadMavicControllerOwner

Reactions
Hello all,

about 2-3 months ago i purchased a mavic, had it for 2 days, and on the second day flying it, it fell out of the sky. Took me 3 days to find. After finding it I turned it in for repairs, and it turns out that it was a manufacturers defect. No more details then just a manufacturers defect but i didnt have to pay anything so I counted my blessings that i still had a drone.

Anyways

I have been gone for a month to indonesia and the repairs took too long for me to take my drone with me to indonesia but luckily a buddy of mine let me borrow his.

I am now back from indonesia and i have picked up my replacement Drone from my friend and gave him back his.

Yesterday i went and flew it for the first time. It did not go so well.

I consider myself somewhat familiar with the drone now from a whole month of flying it almost every day in indonesia. And my buddies drone that i borrowed happened to fly perfectly so i am very used to how it should fly.

Right off the bat at about 250 FT high, i noticed the center point of the camera was kind of drifting to the right, or kind of drifting ever so slightly down, i chalked it up to maybe the wind being a lil more vicious at 250 FT high even tho there was absolutely no wind at ground level.

I brought the mavic down and immediately noticed that it was it was very jerky on its descent back to ground level. It had the look of it struggling against wind, it was also noticeably louder then usual on its descent, but that cant be because it was only about 20 FT above me and i was feeling no wind at all. .

I then landed it, and restarted both the controller and drone. when i turned it back on, the camera was doing its start up flicking around thing, but when it would usually focus straight forward, it started drooping to the bottom right, i then got a error message saying the visual system and downward sensors are failing, be careful. about 30 seconds later it fixed itself.

But then i noticed, while on the ground and not flying at all, that my camera would not stay focused at the same spot. it would droop to the bottom right ever so slightly. not very extreme, but enough to be noticed and would explain the visual droop it was having while flying.

Also i should mention that the IMU calibration takes alot longer then usual.

Keep in mind this is its first flight and this is definitely a refurbished replacement unit. I am now extremely angry that i have recieved 2 malfunctioning drones.

Or did I? Could this possibly be a quick fix that i dont know about ?

Or is it something a lil more sinister that i will have to send in for repairs and be out of a drone for ANOTHER MONTH.

I am currently at work right now but i will post a video of the droop and of the jerky descent when i get home later today.

But for now,

Any and all help would be extremely appreciated.

Thank you.

Also has anyone had any issues posting things on DJI's forum ? no matter how many times i revised this, and even re-wrote the entire thing, it would not let me post a thread and would say i had bad information.

I'm pretty sure I have to send it back in 2 dji, but I'd really rather find a different solution cause we all know how dji costumer service is

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007