DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera/gimble vibration/jello preflight out of the box. MP Alpine White

Michael Griesinger

Reactions
I just drove an hour to the closest Apple store to pickup my new Mavic Pro alpine white combo and it has a camera/ gimble vibration right out of the box preflight before even starting props up. After firing up props it’s even more “jello” effect. I’ve done a gimble calibration to no avail. It also doesn’t seem to be level and very slowly drifts. Will post video when I get home from work tonight. Any advice?? Sounds like a hardware issue possibly an unbalanced fan?? Anyone else have this issue???

I just drove an hour to the closest Apple store to pickup my new Mavic Pro alpine white combo and it has a camera/ gimble vibration right out of the box preflight before even starting props up. After firing up props it’s even more “jello” effect. I’ve done a gimble calibration to no avail. It also doesn’t seem to be level and very slowly drifts. Will post video when I get home from work tonight. Any advice?? Sounds like a hardware issue possibly an unbalanced fan?? Anyone else have this issue???
Does it give you any error message? Sometimes the gimbal plate can come out of the tabs during shipment, is the plate under all three tabs?

Does it give you any error message? Sometimes the gimbal plate can come out of the tabs during shipment, is the plate under all three tabs?

This is my second mavic. I’ve had one out of first batch upon release last October. Never had this issue and I’ve checked all mounts and had no errors yet. I’m gonna fly it a short while and see what it does.

Trying to include a downloaded video but doesn’t give me any options for video only my photos???? HELP!!

Pretty sure I’m returning it for a replacement. Just hope they still have them in stock next week when I can get back to the store. I have till the morning to put care refresh on it and I’ve done all I know to try and correct it.

Since it's brand new, you might want to make that hour drive again to the nearest Apple store and exchange it.

Since it's brand new, you might want to make that hour drive again to the nearest Apple store and exchange it.

Unless someone comes up with a new idea on how to fix it, that’s what I’m gonna do, I just hope it ain’t a whole batch that’s bad. Might just fire up the new one in the parking lot to make sure it’s not another bad apple in a bunch of bad apples. Not to mention if they even still have one in stock. If I put care refresh on it after purchase, I wonder if that’s also refundable or transferable to a new drone?? Good thing I didn’t get it yet

Reactions: Olajidekenny
Maybe give them a call and see if they'll hold one for you. I was going to suggest trying it out while you are there. Just take one of the batteries from the one you are returning, and give it a go.

Well I’ve returned the bad lemon, I’ve got a brand new one and am charging the batteries and controller to perform firmware upgrade. I’ll post the results of the new drone shortly.... crossing my fingers

Well, all looks to be fine!! Will know 100% after first flight tommarrow. THEN, I can put care refresh on it.

I had jello video too on my brand new MP. I contacted DJI and they sent me a replacement under warranty.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots