DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera issues with Mavic

Keth Unwin

Reactions
Hi, new to the forum. Is there a camera check facility available to confirm correct operation of the onboard camera module ? Every now and then there are blanks in the recording that last no more than 30 seconds or so and then everything returns to normal. This problem only happens after and during a long sustained flight.
Any help would be appreciated. Keith

Hi Alex,
The 4MB file size limit could well be the issue and several members have PM me with the same suggestion. I would need to discount this before I start thinking about returning the item under warranty.

In my experience, the 4GB barrier is completely seamless; appending both files in the movie editor should show perfect continuity. If this is not the case, perhaps your SD card is too slow.

This could be a slow SD card so try an alternative
Also Formatting the card from the App is something should be done regularly to maintain write speed.

Thanks for the help guys. No worries Richard with the mix up of 1000 !! I suspect that the SD card could well be the problem. Would it not be a good idea to use a smaller card, say 2GB just to give the onboard processor some headroom ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allezzov