DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera Jump

Stealthbomber

Reactions
I notice when playing back my videos from the MA there will sometimes be a camera glitch. The camera will blip up for a split second usually when im scrolling the gimbal up during flight. It happens quite frequently. I have a ND filter installed. Could the extra weight make it blip/jump?

What are you recording to? What type of SD card, I had this when I first got my MA but the SD card wasn’t good enough.

I notice when playing back my videos from the MA there will sometimes be a camera glitch. The camera will blip up for a split second usually when im scrolling the gimbal up during flight. It happens quite frequently. I have a ND filter installed. Could the extra weight make it blip/jump?
It very well could be the extra weight of the filter, is it more evident when also moving forward at higher speeds like 20mph or greater? The extra weight of the filter plus the force of the wind could cause it to do a "Nodding" motion where it jumps down then back up like you are mentioning.

It very well could be the extra weight of the filter, is it more evident when also moving forward at higher speeds like 20mph or greater? The extra weight of the filter plus the force of the wind could cause it to do a "Nodding" motion where it jumps down then back up like you are mentioning.
Maybe, but why would I be the only one getting the blip when using a filter?

If you had not seen it before, the MA is notorious for the camera blip.
As seen in 1:24 :
I had variable headwinds up to 33mph trying to chase this train down only giving me 10mph forward speed from time to time - average 17mph.
The blip was a gust that increased the angle of attack with the MA nose down.
Filters will not make the camera more susceptible to the blip because the filter replaces the lens cap already on the MA.

Post an example for all of us to be sure.

If you had not seen it before, the MA is notorious for the camera blip.
As seen in 1:24 :
I had variable headwinds up to 33mph trying to chase this train down only giving me 10mph forward speed from time to time - average 17mph.
The blip was a gust that increased the angle of attack with the MA nose down.
Filters will not make the camera more susceptible to the blip because the filter replaces the lens cap already on the MA.

Post an example for all of us to be sure.

So is it expected behavior or is it a defect?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji