DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera lens protector

GhostFox

Reactions
Just a quickie please guys ,
should I purchase a clear screen protector for the camera lens ?
Not a filter, just something clear to stop scratching the actual lens .
ive seen them on the auction sites for around £4 , just like a mobile phone screen protector I guess but wanted to make sure if they degraded the image or not .
or are they something not needed .

Thumbswayup

Reactions: Droniac
Definately, buy a Neutral Density filter.
Its easier to replace a filter than it it is a lens.

Any additional glass surfaces will degrade the image slightly. The best approach is to protect the lens as best as you can, and when it gets dirty, clean it carefully with a lens cleaning kit.

I wouldn't buy a lens protector. Most of the camera lenses on the DJI drones have "windows" on them and the actual lens is not exposed. Go ahead and get a UV filter if you're that worried about it. You should avoid touching the front of the camera unless necessary because the gimbal is very fragile. What I might recommend is a lens HOOD which prevents a little light refraction but can offer a little protection for the lens and gimbal in the event of a head on crash and can also keep errant fingers away from the lens to prevent incidental smudging.

Most of the camera lenses on the DJI drones have "windows" on them and the actual lens is not exposed
A "window" as in a glass covering? The OP is flying a Mavic Air 2. That drone has an empty ring attached to the front of the camera.

I bought the PGYTECH UV filter shown above for my MA2 and I'm pleased with it as it does not noticeably degrade my image quality. I just like having a little (inexpensive) protection on the (sorta' expensive) camera lens.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair