DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera manual setting disables camera

Alastair

Reactions
My Mavic's camera stopped working displaying only a black screen. I started a "chat" with DJI and their recommendation to reset all camera settings worked like a charm. I then re-applied all my settings. When I got to Auto / Manual, I selected manual. My camera feed immediately went black. Auto brought it back, manual turned it black again. Anybody know what's going on?

My guess settings in man. Need changed put in 1200 see if that works

ISO was probably too low in manual especially if you have an ND filter on indoors , just check your settings...

Indeed check your manual settings, they might lead to a completely black image in the current light conditions.

Indeed check your manual settings, they might lead to a completely black image in the current light conditions.

I would be surprised if ISO or shutter settings could be set to where they resulted in a black screen on a sunny day, but I will check all that tomorrow. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

You didn't mention that, we can't guess. Could have been at night in your workshop.
Exactly it's happened to me at night , had it on 100 ISO inside with the ND16 filter on and couldn't see anything...

I would be surprised if ISO or shutter settings could be set to where they resulted in a black screen on a sunny day, but I will check all that tomorrow. Thank you for taking the time to reply.
Happened to me once when I switched from auto to manual. I freaked out when the screen went black only to realize that my shutter speed changed to a higher setting. Once I dialed it down to a longer shutter speed the picture returned.

Happened to me once when I switched from auto to manual. I freaked out when the screen went black only to realize that my shutter speed changed to a higher setting. Once I dialed it down to a longer shutter speed the picture returned.

Yeah...I don't know. I haven't changed a thing but today is seems to be fine, whereas yesterday (sunny day) it wasn't working. To be clear, it wasn't an underexposed picture, a dim picture, it was a black no picture screen.
(Like your "handle" [emoji1303])

Reactions: KaiservonPoopChute
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e