DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera problem?

Looping31

Reactions
Hi everyone. When I set my camera to -90 degrees, if I fly a few seconds, when I look at the settings of it, the angle is not -90 degrees but -80 or something like that. Same problem when I set it to +20 degrees. After flying 10 or 20 seconds, the angle changes to 12 or 10 degrees. Is this normal?

Reactions: old man mavic
Hi everyone. When I set my camera to -90 degrees, if I fly a few seconds, when I look at the settings of it, the angle is not -90 degrees but -80 or something like that. Same problem when I set it to +20 degrees. After flying 10 or 20 seconds, the angle changes to 12 or 10 degrees. Is this normal?
yes its because when you stop the MM ,the camera keeps moving slightly due to inurture, it is less pronounced in c mode and will be almost eliminated with smooth stick control it takes a little practice, but you will never eliminate it completely its the same when you yaw quickly

If you look at below drawing over the MM's maximum gimbal & AC pitch angles ... then get to know that if the gimbal is positioned in either end position (-90 or 0) and the AC's pitch makes the gimbal require angles more then allowed it will be a jump in the focus point ... furthermore when the AC pitch angle then later decrease & no longer force the gimbal into the end positions the earlier "jump to angle" will remain to avoid another return-jump in the focus point ... you have to manually use the gimbal pitch wheel on the RC to go back.

One example ...

Going forward in P-Mode with gimbal at -90 degrees
- AC have a pitch down of 20 degrees & the gimbal is moved away from the end stop in order to continue to point straight down - all OK
- You release the stick rapidly ... the AC pitch up to brake & force the gimbal into the and stop which means that the gimbal moves up with the AC.
-The AC come to rest after the brake at a horizontal position but the gimbal is then in the braking situation moved up & it will keep that position & have to be moved down again manually.

The same will apply with the gimbal in 0 degrees (Straight forward) & use of Sport mode going forward ... gimbal focus point will jump down.

Gimbal angles Mini.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000