DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera settings advice wanted.

JonnyBenson

Reactions
Hi.

Anyone have any tips as to what basic settings to use to get better images? I've had my mavic quite a while now and haven't really changed any camera settings since taken it out the box.

Do you change settings depending on the conditions or just fly like me? I do get some images that are okay after using my limited knowledge in post.

Thanks

I recommend starting with always shooting in 4K, and getting, and learning how to use ND filters, FWIW I use Polar Pro. Also, what I tend to do, although it may not be the best solution, is to get my stills from my video roll, instead of shooting individual photos, IMO 4K allows for decent enough stills. I like to get stills from video, mostly because it's easier than learning to pull the trigger at exactly the right time.

Hi.

Anyone have any tips as to what basic settings to use to get better images? I've had my mavic quite a while now and haven't really changed any camera settings since taken it out the box.

Do you change settings depending on the conditions or just fly like me? I do get some images that are okay after using my limited knowledge in post.

Thanks
There's some great videos on YT to help with camera settings. Try Ed Ricker, he's got one video at least on camera settings, get some filters, and the polar pro app. I also like Tom's Tech time on YT for camera shots, the pull back shot, stuff like that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3