DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera settings - worth the hassle?

jhiver

Reactions
Hello all

I was wonderding what you guys used for camera settings? I tried doing everything by the book, e.g. shooting D-Log with ND filters, -1, -1, -1 adjustment, doing proper color correction etc. but it seems no where as good as one of my first footage where i left everything on auto :-D

FYI - footage with everything on auto
footage trying to get things done "properly" -

Am I missing anything here?

Hello all

I was wonderding what you guys used for camera settings? I tried doing everything by the book, e.g. shooting D-Log with ND filters, -1, -1, -1 adjustment, doing proper color correction etc. but it seems no where as good as one of my first footage where i left everything on auto :-D

FYI - footage with everything on auto
footage trying to get things done "properly" -

Am I missing anything here?
That's is the downside of the mavic somehow. Too much setting in everything, camera, flights mode, blah blah ...
You can be sure that if you put one finger into the camera settings it will swallow your whole arm. Doing this it can be only for 2 reasons imho: 1) you need it as photographer OR 2) you need it as a passionated user.
Out of this you already find the best way if you are not one of these 1 or 2 case... Just all in automatic

Reactions: jhiver
Second one color looks more natural, both are OK - you have a point as to whether it's too easy to try too hard.
Things go pear shaped sooner in default when light is poor though.

The camera settings are put there for a reason. Use them and use them wisely for the best photographic/filming results.

ND filters are a must if you want to adequately control the light entering your camera, control your images, and if you want to delve into all the Mavic can do for you. Without them you are merely hampering yourself needlessly.

Take the time to research what the camera settings actually provide to you and then utilize them. (YouTube and this Forum are great places to start.) With a little time and effort you will quickly see the benefit of maximizing the potential the Mavic truly has by understanding what the camera settings and a good set of ND filters can do for you. I use DJI's ND filters and am very pleased with my results.

the first one was 4K while the 2nd was not... at least playing from here

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada