DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera Settings

rod goslin

Reactions
I'm sure that this must have been covered, but I've been unable to isolate this in queries. In a lull beteen high winds and constant rain, I took the mini outside for a trial run. All seemed reasonable in comparison with my Mavic Pro. But, the camera settings and the onscreen view are bugging me somewhat. Particularly, the diagonal stripes across the sky and highlights off glass and water on the ground. I gather that this is an over-exposure problem, but not noted on the mavic Pro. Has anyone any idea as to the best settings to minimise, or overcome this? The User Manual seems to be very shy of any useful advice on this, other than pointing out where the camera controls are, but not what to do with them.

The Zebra-stripes across the sky are an over-exposure warning and won't show on recorded video. I don't own a Mavic Mini - but I use the Histogram & zebra stripes to set the correct exposure for my Mavic Pro using one of the 'wheels' on the top of my controller. I'm not sure how 'DJI Fly' provides you with exposure control, but screen views I've seen of the MM controller, have had a histogram display - so I'd assume there must be a setting in there somewhere.

Setting in the app under "camera > advanced settings", a toggle to turn off over exposure warning.

All this is mentioned in the manual :D

Not in my version of the manual, it doesn't. (V1.0 20/11/19). All it says is "11. Camera Modes Switch. Choose between Auto and Manual when in photo mode.In Manual Mode, shutter and ISO can be set. In Auto Mode,AE lock and EV can be set."

Not in my version of the manual, it doesn't. (V1.0 20/11/19). All it says is "11. Camera Modes Switch. Choose between Auto and Manual when in photo mode.In Manual Mode, shutter and ISO can be set. In Auto Mode,AE lock and EV can be set."
In the Mini Manual on DJI's website (Mavic Mini User Manual v1.0 2019-11-22), toward the top of P33:
Camera
Set the photo size and select the microSD card settings.
Advanced Settings such as Histogram, Gridlines, Overexposure Warning, and Anti-Flicker.

If your overexposure warning is showing because the current settings have the scene overexposed, just turning the warning off will not solve the problem it is warning you about.

Ah, that's better. Whilst the overexposure bars are helpful, they are, to my mind, extremely distracting. particularly in the the upper part of the display, where they virtually obliterate very important stuff, like the battery condition, the respective signal strength, and GPS status. I do rather miss, too, the barometer bar of duration and flight time, so nicely visible in the mavic Pro display.

Now I got a really interesting problem the fly app recorded these zebra lines thus making the cached video on my phone unusable does anyone know where that comes from? I’m using the mavic mini and latest version fly app

Now I got a really interesting problem the fly app recorded these zebra lines thus making the cached video on my phone unusable does anyone know where that comes from? I’m using the mavic mini and latest version fly app
The cached video isn't really useable anyway.
It's reduced resolution and contains whatever glitches and interference you encountered while flying.
The real high quality video should be on your SD card.

It's hard to comment on your zebra issue without seeing what it looks like.
Normally when people talk about zebra stripes they mean the bold black and white diagonal stripes that appear on screen in over-exposed areas (if the over-exposure warning is enabled in settings).

Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonkyBroxy