DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera/Video Settings

DETRAILERS

Reactions
Wow guys, great info on this forum! I've had my MP for about a month now after wanting one for years and I am quite happy. I have a good working knowledge of it except for one area. I haven't touched the camera settings.
Can someone recommend some general settings that I should, or if I should change. Everything camera wise is the same as when it came out of the box. I looked around for a thread so if there is one I missed please post the link and thx in advance. P.s I mainly film landscapes on mostly sunny days.

You will find a lot of advice and samples on YouTube. You will see the need for some neutral-density filters for video.

For starters choose D-Cinelike for color and Landscape for style. You can fine tune the (custom) parameters later.

As for white balance, you can go with the presets (sunny, cloudy etc.) or set a custom white balance, but the latter will require learning which K value works best for a given situation.

Auto exposure will work but you might want to lock it during a scene to optimize your footage.

If you want the smoothest video you will need some ND filters to get your shutter speed down to a reasonable level.

Photo and video is a challenge to get right, and the Mavic has some great controls to meet many situations, so don't fool yourself into thinking you'll get amazing footage without any effort.

For starters choose D-Cinelike for color and Landscape for style. You can fine tune the (custom) parameters later.

As for white balance, you can go with the presets (sunny, cloudy etc.) or set a custom white balance, but the latter will require learning which K value works best for a given situation.

Auto exposure will work but you might want to lock it during a scene to optimize your footage.

If you want the smoothest video you will need some ND filters to get your shutter speed down to a reasonable level.
Thank you, I wondered why I get slightly choppy video at times

Photo and video is a challenge to get right, and the Mavic has some great controls to meet many situations, so don't fool yourself into thinking you'll get amazing footage without any effort.

Robert, Just saw this post. I’m having a difficult time figuring out the optimum settings for my MP to achieve the same color gradient results as my P3S. It seems the P3S’s auto settings have a much better color gradient ignoring resolution of course. I’ll try your suggestions. Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada