DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Campbell River brothers seek owner, origins of crashed drone

rjwmorrell

Reactions
Story on Canadian news about a recovered drone, which appears to be a DJI Mavic 2, Air 2S or similar model. Interestingly, the article states "It doesn't have a black box flight recorder" ... but I'm fairly certain this DJI model does record flight data, and DJI products need activation with DJI anyway. It's possible a DJI tech could recover some data from this device.

Mavic 2 must have a registration number attached.
I suspect many people either don't know ir ignore that requirement.

I know that when shopping at Best Buy they were happy to sell my a Mavic 2 for my 8-year-old grandniece without mentioning anything about registration and licensing (or the fact that an 8-year-old can't get a license). Don't know whether it was ignorance or hunger for a bigger commission…

I wasn't actually going to buy the M2P for my grandniece. Planning to give her my old Tello, if her mother agrees. But I wanted to test what they told customers. Maybe it was underhanded, pulling the chap away from his phone for a couple of minutes…

• Sad
Reactions: Gagey52
I suspect many people either don't know ir ignore that requirement.

I know that when shopping at Best Buy they were happy to sell my a Mavic 2 for my 8-year-old grandniece without mentioning anything about registration and licensing (or the fact that an 8-year-old can't get a license). Don't know whether it was ignorance or hunger for a bigger commission…

I wasn't actually going to buy the M2P for my grandniece. Planning to give her my old Tello, if her mother agrees. But I wanted to test what they told customers. Maybe it was underhanded, pulling the chap away from his phone for a couple of minutes…
They don’t get commissions at Best Buy.Why would you pull something like that on a poor working stiff?

They don’t get commissions at Best Buy.Why would you pull something like that on a poor working stiff?
I had a suspicion that the sales staff either didn't know or didn't care about the regulations, and decided to see if I was right when I was there getting something else.

So yes, I wasted an extra 30-60 seconds of the chap's time. I don't feel guilty.

I had a suspicion that the sales staff either didn't know or didn't care about the regulations, and decided to see if I was right when I was there getting something else.

So yes, I wasted an extra 30-60 seconds of the chap's time. I don't feel guilty.
The point was you were trying to entrap the “chap.” That’s pretty petty at best. I didn’t think you’d feel guilty, by the way. Regards.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu