DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can’t calibrate IMU, stuck at Error -50 and Error -2

kanapee

Reactions
Problem? I can not calibrate the IMU always shows up with the Error -50 or -2

Was unit in a crash? No, never crashed the drone.

What have you tried so far? I’ve tried it around 20 times on different location and surfaces. I installed the DJI Assistent 2 -> Restored factory settings -> downgraded to V01.04.400 -> tried it no luck -> upgraded back to V01.04.500, I’v put it in the fridge and tried it again, tried it outside and inside, tried with wifi and OcuSync

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? iPhoneX and Windows 10

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? V01.04.500

What Go app version are you using? Version 4.3.32

Any modification? (if so what) No.

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) No.

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem?

IMG_0564.PNG

IMG_0574.PNG

Thank you Dedal for your post. I don't really feel comfortable to slap my drone. So I went ahead and tried starting the IMU calibration with the drone laying sideways. And how stupid as this sounds, it really seems to do something. I will try tomorrow flying the drone.

I've read this post but I thought it was some sort of a joke. Thank you for your help! By the way for anybody else who has the problem. This is the original post from the linked post.

Anytime you try calibrating the IMU, the picture on the left of the calibration screen is supposed to prompt you when to change the drone orientation. But this does not happen, sometimes the picture is stuck and will not prompt you to turn the drone during the process. This is where the green light comes into play. The rapid green flashing light is the prompt to turn the drone. So anytime it flashes, change the orientation. You can google the order of the Orientation for each step.Note 2: I actually start my IMU calibration with the drone on the side then the picture on the calibration screen may sometimes change to show the next orientation. I then follow the prompts until completed. I hope this helps.

Thank you Dedal for your post. I don't really feel comfortable to slap my drone. So I went ahead and tried starting the IMU calibration with the drone laying sideways. And how stupid as this sounds, it really seems to do something. I will try tomorrow flying the drone.

I've read this post but I thought it was some sort of a joke. Thank you for your help! By the way for anybody else who has the problem. This is the original post from the linked post.
No problem, I was just pointing out what I saw... Let us know how it goes.

It worked for me. I hadn't flown for a couple of years and reinstalling Go 4 and updating firmware to the aircraft made no difference.
Doing the IMU calibration with the Mavic Pro on its right side did the trick.
It maybe makes no sense, but it worked, after about 8 tries inside, outside and all over the property.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123