DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can’t connect Air 2 to MacBook Pro

Sherifftruman

Reactions
So, I’ve been using a Mavic Air for about 2 years. I’m a home inspector so I use it more or less daily. Each night, what I’ve done, is connect the Air to my MacBook Pro Using USB C and Pull the photos off. Plug it in, turn on the drone and the drives show up so I can drag and drop

Just got an Air 2 yesterday and cannot get it to connect. I’ve tried the same exact cable I’ve used all this time, I’ve tried the short cable that comes with the Air2 and I’ve tried another cable that I’ve used in the past. None of them will work.

I did a bit of looking around and saw a few similar posts around the web, is this likely some issue or defect with the Air 2? I tried updating to the latest firmware thinking the out of box FW could have been the problem, no go. I can pull the photos direct to the phone of course (though I actually didn’t realize how easy it is until last night) but if there’s a problem I’d like to get it fixed while it’s still new.

So, I’ve been using a Mavic Air for about 2 years. I’m a home inspector so I use it more or less daily. Each night, what I’ve done, is connect the Air to my MacBook Pro Using USB C and Pull the photos off. Plug it in, turn on the drone and the drives show up so I can drag and drop

Just got an Air 2 yesterday and cannot get it to connect. I’ve tried the same exact cable I’ve used all this time, I’ve tried the short cable that comes with the Air2 and I’ve tried another cable that I’ve used in the past. None of them will work.

I did a bit of looking around and saw a few similar posts around the web, is this likely some issue or defect with the Air 2? I tried updating to the latest firmware thinking the out of box FW could have been the problem, no go. I can pull the photos direct to the phone of course (though I actually didn’t realize how easy it is until last night) but if there’s a problem I’d like to get it fixed while it’s still new.
I have a mid 2014 MBP and no issues with the connection. I've been using the cable that shipped with the drone. Have you tried connecting the same way and running DJI Assistant? Does it connect or see the drone? Or the controller for that matter...

I have a mid 2014 MBP and no issues with the connection. I've been using the cable that shipped with the drone. Have you tried connecting the same way and running DJI Assistant? Does it connect or see the drone? Or the controller for that matter...
Tried DJI assistant and no go there either. Going to have to open a ticket with DJI I suppose.

Not sure if you've resolved this but it data transfer doesn't work on mac from USB-C to USB-C. You'll need a USB-C to regular USB adapter for your mac and use a usbc to USB cable

Reactions: Barbas and Howard70

Did you try the Dji assistant for mavic 2. I had the same issue until I realize I was using the wrong one.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N