DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

can’t connect controller to drone without app crashing

Steve Jones

Reactions
Yesterday I got my dji mavic air and I’m having trouble. It started with everytime I connected the drone to the controller the dji go 4 app would crash within seconds of doing so. I then downloaded dji assist 2 on my computer and downloaded the latest firmware update for the drone. I then connected the controller to dji assist and there was no update for the controller available. So I refreshed the current update. I then went back onto the dji go 4 app and proceeded to connect the drone to the controller and the app crashed within seconds of connecting again. Everytime it crashes a tab pops up on the screen (I’m using an iPhone 7) that says “precise fly safe database update (for app). Now from here it does not matter what I do the app crashes seconds after this comes up. The tab says that “precise fly safe database (for aircraft) has been updated. Just download precise fly safe database (for app)”. If I connect to the drone via WiFi it will allow me to fly the drone only through my phone. It flys perfectly fine through the phone, but as soon as I connect the controller the whole app crashes. Please help thank you

Reactions: camaleondigital
Yesterday I got my dji mavic air and I’m having trouble. It started with everytime I connected the drone to the controller the dji go 4 app would crash within seconds of doing so. I then downloaded dji assist 2 on my computer and downloaded the latest firmware update for the drone. I then connected the controller to dji assist and there was no update for the controller available. So I refreshed the current update. I then went back onto the dji go 4 app and proceeded to connect the drone to the controller and the app crashed within seconds of connecting again. Everytime it crashes a tab pops up on the screen (I’m using an iPhone 7) that says “precise fly safe database update (for app). Now from here it does not matter what I do the app crashes seconds after this comes up. The tab says that “precise fly safe database (for aircraft) has been updated. Just download precise fly safe database (for app)”. If I connect to the drone via WiFi it will allow me to fly the drone only through my phone. It flys perfectly fine through the phone, but as soon as I connect the controller the whole app crashes. Please help thank you

Attachments

• 2805C9C9-EAAB-41BF-B30E-F82C0C0D9212.png
    2805C9C9-EAAB-41BF-B30E-F82C0C0D9212.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 17
Have you tried deleting the app and reinstall?
also, you can click the ignore button.

Reactions: Thomas B
Hi Steve, i have the same, the same, the same problem in my new mavic air. I try with two new mavic air, and different iOs device and version with the same results.
I´m chat with DJI trough Facebook and send iOs Crash logs code, but at this moment i have no answer.

Again, have you tried deleting the app, and reinstalling?

what method is being used to connect the device to the controller?
cable at the bottom or side of controller? Good quality cable?

If you have a usb at the bottom, don’t have anything plugged into the side port.

I only use one cable at once Starz, but i finally find one solution¡¡¡¡ after several day checking everything.
The problem is only over iOs, i check Android and it works with no problem. The solution i found is to avoid sincronized RC with iOs device. You mus link RC and Mavic Air direct as you can see at this video here,
then i can connect my iOs device and at this moment is still working fine. Please let me know if it works for you. And thanks Starz for your attention. Thank you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11