DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can’t control the yaw M3 port to starboard action when the X7 zoom is active

Dronerock

Reactions
While flying my M3 I am finding that the drone responds incredibly slow to yaw movements. When I stop videoing and turn back to X1 and use my zoom , the drone responds normally. I am flying in N mode when this is occurring. Is this normal or is something wrong with the drone

Because flying with the 7 x zoom can be deceiving try testing out the drone yaw in front of you rather than thru the screen window. I say this because its unlikely that these two things can interfere with the flight of the drone, but there could be an optical illusion taking place to make it appear like that.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water

Reactions: michaeldallen1
Because flying with the 7 x zoom can be deceiving try testing out the drone yaw in front of you rather than thru the screen window. I say this because its unlikely that these two things can interfere with the flight of the drone, but there could be an optical illusion taking place to make it appear like that.

Phantomrain.org

Phantomrain.org
No opticle illusion. In normal X1 zoom mode it behaves as it should. Turn on the X7 zoom which does zoom as its supposed to quite well, it doesn’t yaw properly(incredibly slow) I can physically see the drone not turning left of right when this is happening. The other stick controls work fine it’s just the yaw stick movement that is not working. I return to the normal camera and everything returns to normal and it can zoom up to X3 and stilleverything works normal. It’s the X7 zoom setting where the yaw movement is compromised……

Last edited:
This is normal, there is nothing wrong. When using the 7X Tele the yaw is slower so that more cinematic shots can be made. It’s the same on the original M3. I don’t do much video so maybe a videographer will chime in with a better explanation.

Chris

I contacted DJI and they said it was not normal for the yaw control to slow down to almost no input from the controller. Has anyone else had this problem as the Dji people I spoke to on their chat line seem to suggest it is not a normal thing to happen when shooting in X7 zoom. They want me to send both drone and my RC Pro controller back to them I have only had the drone for a couple of months and was never sure if it was normal or not. They say it is not.
Not happy about sending it back to them either.

Last edited:
I contacted DJI and they said it was not normal for the yaw control to slow down to almost no input from the controller. Has anyone else had this problem as the Dji people I spoke to on their chat line seem to suggest it is not a normal thing to happen when shooting in X7 zoom. They want me to send both drone and my RC Pro controller back to them I have only had the drone for a couple of months and was never sure if it was normal or not. They say it is not.
Be aware that the standard response from DJI representatives is to tell you to send the drone back for evaluation. Those reps are not particularly knowledgeable about drones. They're customer service people working from standard scripts and canned responses. Do some more investigation before shipping yourM3 back.

You might want to post a more detailed description of the problem with details and flight logs. There are some very good flight analysts here.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Before sending it back check the Expo and Gain values under Control Tab. You might need to increase the Angular velocity value. I can assure you that this slow yawing with 7x camera is normal. My M3 behaves exactly like that. When 7x camera is engaged the drone yaws very slowly. As soon as I go back to 1x it yaws "normally", meaning much faster.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007