DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can’t get video to look as good as everyone else’s

Arce101

Reactions
Well I have the mavic zoom and I see ppl posting on utube there videos and they look great very professional looking but mine not so much is it bc I’m up loading to face book ? Is it mabey I need some sort of service that handles 4K a tv phone etc I really don’t know what I’m doing wrong and if someone can help I’d really appreciate it.got my skyreat nd polarizers coming in fri bought a cheap pair of nd 32 and 64 but I think they were just too strong plus there crap I think the brand is called newwer Nd filters hope my skyreats are better got the 4 8 and 16 hoping that will do the trick here’s a quick video of my newer Nd 32 on A sunny day iso 100 shutter at 1/60

For some reason won’t let me upload
You probably need to upload to Youtube or Vimeo and post the link here. Make sure that you use the video that was captured on the drone or, at least, is not the cached (lower quality) version.

Also, from what I've read and know about polarizing filters, you really don't want to use them on drones where the angle of the flight might change since you can't change their effects when the drone turns. They would be for flying straight in one direction after you set them for that direction.

Reactions: Madmax229
So what ever I play back on my device is the cached version not the full 4K ?

Thanks will do I have a 2006 older toshiba laptop hopefully I can run the 4K on that

Thanks will do I have a 2006 older toshiba laptop hopefully I can run the 4K on that
If you are just trying to upload to YouTube, and the computer has an SD card slot, you should be good. All you need to do is open YouTube.com and click upload in the upper right corner. From there, you can select the file from your SD card.

Editing on the other hand, would be a nightmare.

PGYTECH and Polar Pro make good ND Filters. I have Polar Pro for my Mavic Pro and PGYTECH for my M2Z. My sets include 8, 16, 32 and 64. I think it would be rare for me to use an ND4. With experience you learn to judge which filter to start with. I live in the Philippines and we usually go out Droning close to sunrise to beat the heat. 6:00 I usually start with an ND8, around 7:00 change to an ND16 and around 8:00 a ND32. Late morning, early afternoon is when I would use ND64, but I don't usually fly then. The temps are around 90 degrees and the Sun is very strong here, the Drone gets very hot from the Sun.
You will not get good video if you have the camera set to auto, it needs to be in manual. I watched a video on YouTube by Russ at 51 Drones on how to set-up the camera for a Mavic Pro and got real good results from his settings. The camera on the M2Z is very similar and I use those settings with it also.
If you want to look at some of my videos look for Robert's Droning on YouTube. They are not masterpieces but I have fun making them. The first videos were made with the camera in auto and then I later changed to manual settings.

I think a new PC is in order. One of the reasons footage looks good is that it's edited. Either by a free program that simply cuts out the bits you don't want to make a narrative, up to something like Adobe Premiere Pro where you can do absolutely everything. But the one thing all software needs is a computer that can handle editing 4K footage. I doubt a 2006 laptop would even play it.

It doesn't have to be an expensive PC. Mine is a home built one where I spent the cash on what I really needed. IE reasonable motherboard, good processor, medium memory, big hard drive and medium graphics card. I just use headphones so I don't need a fancy sound card.

I have an M2 zoom and use ND / polarising filters to good effect with manual exposure. Really pleased with the results. I started editing with Filmora which is very reasonably priced, and am happy with the results.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica