DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can’t import 4K 60 into my iPad Pro 11”

dv8ed

Reactions
But 4K 30 imports fine. Anyone else having same issue?

But 4K 30 imports fine. Anyone else having same issue?

Possibly the iPad doesn't have a CODEC to handle 4k 60? Might be an Apple query. I seldom shoot in 4k but I'll have to try it on my iPad Pro.

Last edited:
Bitrate too high maybe or DJI messed something up. Ipad mini 4 cant import 4k at all... but is well capable on playing 4k in general.

Bitrate too high maybe or DJI messed something up. Ipad mini 4 cant import 4k at all... but is well capable on playing 4k in general.
I have the ipad pro. Do you think contacting apple or DJI to try and get a fix for this? I really prefer 60 over 30 fps myself and hoping to find a fix. I like to edit alot on the road.

I have the ipad pro. Do you think contacting apple or DJI to try and get a fix for this? I really prefer 60 over 30 fps myself and hoping to find a fix. I like to edit alot on the road.

I'd go for Apple first because their customer support is so much faster, knowledgeable, and courteous. At least then you'll know where the choke is.

I'd go for Apple first because their customer support is so much faster, knowledgeable, and courteous. At least then you'll know where the choke is.
I'll keep ya posted. Hopefully we can get a fix for this

I'll keep ya posted. Hopefully we can get a fix for this

I have the iPad Pro 10.25" 64k that I use with my MP1. I haven't tried shooting 60 FPS, let alone downloading onto my Win 10 desktop. But I will now just to see what happens.

It's only to be fixed on DJI's side, maybe with support from Apple, and they are aware of the issues. Their FAQ says:

Q: Is it possible to import the 4K video clip shot on Osmo Pocket to my phone for further editing?
A: Currently you could import 4K 24/25/30fps video to your iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max. We will add support for iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus to the list above soon. As for Android devices, you may see a pop-up message about video play back compatibility. But you can still import the video.

This is about 24/25/30 which works for the OP, so not relevant.

iPad may not support 4k60. How are you transferring? Might want to try with an SD reader.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr