DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can’t scan QR code and not showing in my WiFi settings

AClineman

Reactions
Charged everything up, sync’ed the controller to the drone. I’m trying to use my phone and scan the bar code thing (QR?) on the right front arm and it asks to join. I select yes and it’s not finding it. They say to exit the DJI go4 and go into my WiFi setting on my phone and join that way. The thing is it not listed.
Oh and why am I scanning this thing in the first place, is it for registration?
Sorry for the stupid questions. I feel like an idiot :D

Reactions: Irish-apple
Charged everything up, sync’ed the controller to the drone. I’m trying to use my phone and scan the bar code thing (QR?) on the right front arm and it asks to join. I select yes and it’s not finding it. They say to exit the DJI go4 and go into my WiFi setting on my phone and join that way. The thing is it not listed.
Oh and why am I scanning this thing in the first place, is it for registration?
Sorry for the stupid questions. I feel like an idiot :D
did you switch the switch on the drone { where the sd card goes } to WIFI ?

Doh !!!! No. Thanks !!

Thanks again. That worked !!
Does that register the drone with DJI?

Also don’t I need some sort of registration to get this bird off the ground? I’m taking it slow and not looking to fly it until I’m comfortable

Are you trying to fly in WIFI mode? There's no reason to do any of that for the initial setup, and even after that I wouldn't recommend flying in WIFI mode unless you really had to. I would suggest a thorough read of the manual before doing anything else, unless you are eager to destroy your purchase. Also, setting up WIFI mode does not register you with DJI, it just allows limited flight without a remote, using just virtual sticks on your cell phone.

Reactions: Irish-apple
Are you trying to fly in WIFI mode? There's no reason to do any of that for the initial setup, and even after that I wouldn't recommend flying in WIFI mode unless you really had to. I would suggest a thorough read of the manual before doing anything else, unless you are eager to destroy your purchase. Also, setting up WIFI mode does not register you with DJI, it just allows limited flight without a remote, using just virtual sticks on your cell phone.
No not trying to fly in WiFi mode. I was trying (unsuccessfully) to scan the QR. I did what the other guy suggested and it worked.
I also just got done contacting DJI support to see if I needed to register the drone and they said no, as long as I was successful in scanning the QR nothing else needed to be done in that regard.

The QR code is there to help provide your phone or tablet with the WiFi encryption password - IF - you want to fly the drone using your phone or tablet WITHOUT the DJI controller. As mentioned above, you'll also need to have the control-mode switch in the SD card compartment set to WiFi (rather than the usual RC) to do this. Scanning that QR code does nothing in regard to warranty or registration ... If you are new to the drone, stay in RC mode and use the controller in conjunction with your phone or tablet - it's just so much easier ...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair