DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can a High KP Cause Lagging in the Video Feed?

Ron_Dog

Reactions
I went out today and I noticed I was getting a lot of lag,in the video live feed on my screen? I have never seen this much before? The KP index was at 5,so I was just guessing it was the cause. I changed cables and ran it through the usb on the RC,but got the same results?

It doesn't usually cause lag, but rather signal failure at closer distances. The higher the KP index, the more disrupted the signal gets. With that being said, a high KP index can cause GPS failure too, so I wouldn't fly beyond the RC range and turn back if you hit one bar. Otherwise, you might actually lose your drone.

Reactions: Ron_Dog
It doesn't usually cause lag, but rather signal failure at closer distances. The higher the KP index, the more disrupted the signal gets. With that being said, a high KP index can cause GPS failure too, so I wouldn't fly beyond the RC range and turn back if you hit one bar. Otherwise, you might actually lose your drone.
Yeah,I've never had this much lag with my MP? Never had any trouble with signal strength on any of the flights 1-2 miles out,and the video never dropped below 4 bars? But man,talk about lagging! I'm going to try later and see if it improves or not? This is something new to my MP. Never had this problem before?

I went out today and I noticed I was getting a lot of lag,in the video live feed on my screen? I have never seen this much before? The KP index was at 5,so I was just guessing it was the cause. I changed cables and ran it through the usb on the RC,but got the same results?

No it can't. It doesn't cause lag and it doesn't cause any other issue with the mavic either.

Reactions: dirkclod
No it can't. It doesn't cause lag and it doesn't cause any other issue with the mavic either.
So just throw caution to the wind,and fly with confidence,regardless of the KP index?

So just throw caution to the wind,and fly with confidence,regardless of the KP index?

Ignore an arbitrary metric that has absolutely no effect on flying yes. For the same reason i also fly my mavic when its raining somewhere in Africa because that too will have exactly no effect. I also fly when someone is using a microwave oven within a 5 mile radius because i like to live dangerously.

The good news is being an arbitrary number on an app if you don't like the KP index threshold you can simply change it to one that does.

Yeah,I've never had this much lag with my MP? Never had any trouble with signal strength on any of the flights 1-2 miles out,and the video never dropped below 4 bars? But man,talk about lagging! I'm going to try later and see if it improves or not? This is something new to my MP. Never had this problem before?

Hey Ron_Dog! I am having this same problem for the last couple of weeks. This choppy video feed issue started right after iOS 11.0.3 came out! I am currently running a iPhone 6 and this issue seems to be most of the time now! I have over 200flights on the Mavic and hardly ever had even a glitch in the video feed up till this iOS update. Are you running an iOS device also? I have tried a hard reset on the phone multiple times and even tried flying in airplane mode. This didn’t help.

Hey Ron_Dog! I am having this same problem for the last couple of weeks. This choppy video feed issue started right after iOS 11.0.3 came out! I am currently running a iPhone 6 and this issue seems to be most of the time now! I have over 200flights on the Mavic and hardly ever had even a glitch in the video feed up till this iOS update. Are you running an iOS device also? I have tried a hard reset on the phone multiple times and even tried flying in airplane mode. This didn’t help.
Yes,I'm using a iPhone 7+ with iOS 11.0.3 ! Some how in the last few days the lag has dissapeared? I haven't changed a thing? Strange?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica