DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

can any one help. might of bricked my drone doing a roll back

josh521

Reactions
hi new to the forum and praying some one can help me.
ive just followed digdat0,s guide to roll back the firmware and change the perimeters but i made a mistake and didnt realise i was ment to add an internal sd card i tried to flash it twice both times stopped at 82percent then it would no longer connect to the laptop any more.

i did read that some one else had managed to fix theres by taking the sd card out and doing a format but there wasnt one in mine.
is it possible for the me to flash the firmware onto the sd card then add it to the mavic.

greatfull for any help

What were you trying to change?
Shut everything off, restart and try to put any good firmware on it.
Otherwise, you might have a really cool paperweight.

it wont connect to the pc in any way or form not with assistant or with dumldorev3.
so theres no way right now of me putting any firmware on it.
I read a couple of people had re flashed via the internal sd card but I took mine apart and it doesn't have one, I thought maybe I can flash the firmware to the sd card and see if that works.

I was trying to rollback to old enough firmware to be able to remove the height limit and for other mods to work

Only older MP 's had the internal cards. Need to go higher than 1,600 feet?
It appears to be well and truly bricked.
I am afraid this will have to be sent in for repair. You might try @Thunderdrones for a quote if you are in the US.

A friend sent back his drone back to DJI and got it back working perfectly. There was no warranty work. His total cost was $70.

So don't let anyone discourage you about bricking your drone. Just call DJI and see what they can do.

Simba

A friend sent back his drone back to DJI and got it back working perfectly. There was no warranty work. His total cost was $70.

So don't let anyone discourage you about bricking your drone. Just call DJI and see what they can do.

Simba

ask
@ThunderDrone....
Rob will help
I'm thinking Might have to install another motherboard with chip set But I'm not the expert
..cR

it wont connect to the pc in any way or form not with assistant or with dumldorev3.
so theres no way right now of me putting any firmware on it.
I read a couple of people had re flashed via the internal sd card but I took mine apart and it doesn't have one, I thought maybe I can flash the firmware to the sd card and see if that works.
There is no way to flash from SD. You have a nice brick it seems. Note that it is NOT related to you not installing an internal SD, that has no effect on flashing, it just won't let you take off if there isn't one on versions <03.1000.

Before anything else, I'd try plugging it into another machine, just to rule out the possibility of it being a PC related problem

U should be able to use app to fix it . Just turn on and it should say you need to update .no computer just drone an rc work for me in the past. Than u can install a sd card inside drone an try again if you want

If I recall correctly some DJI models had a way to revert to factory if you otherwise bricked your AC due to firmware update. It did have to do with using an SD card however, when that was the means of updating firmware.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute