DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong when exporting 4k footage?

black_magic100

Reactions
Crossposting this over here as well because I am anxious to see my final project XD.

"As you can see in this link: dji overexposed.PNG, the video preview is showing my dji mavic footage to be completely overexposed, when it is in fact not overexposed. However, my gopro footage appears to be fine. Should I let it finish rendering even though the preview looks completely out of whack?"

Please tell us what software you're using to render, what your settings are and so forth, then maybe wait the few minutes it takes to see the final render so you know if there really is a problem.

Reactions: Kilrah
Please tell us what software you're using to render, what your settings are and so forth, then maybe wait the few minutes it takes to see the final render so you know if there really is a problem.
Adobe premiere pro. All of the settings can be seen in that picture basically other than a few things I checkmarked. Basically just followed this video
. I will let it finish now. It is just very odd that the preview is showing the mavic footage as completely overexposed while the gopro footage looks fine.

I ended up exporting it and it looks AWFUL. It looks like somebody took the exposure and highlights and raised them to the max. I have no idea why this would happen. It looks fine in adobe

Edit: I think I found the issue as soon as I posted this comment. I selected Queue instead of export. I have no idea why this would make the brightness way off, but it does. Which makes me wonder what is the point of queue?

I ended up exporting it and it looks AWFUL. It looks like somebody took the exposure and highlights and raised them to the max. I have no idea why this would happen. It looks fine in adobe

Edit: I think I found the issue as soon as I posted this comment. I selected Queue instead of export. I have no idea why this would make the brightness way off, but it does. Which makes me wonder what is the point of queue?
As per Adobe:

1. Step 1: Select Your Clips. Select all of the clips or sequences you wish to export in the project panel. ...
  2. Step 2: Select Export Media. ...
  3. Step 3: Adjust Settings. ...
  4. Step 4: Queue. ...
  5. Step 5: Export.

I have had the same issue with Queue - for some reason, since the "job" is transferred to media encoder, something is not getting transferred correctly. Folks on the forums have recommended to have "import sequences natively" selected.

upload_2018-1-18_18-57-53.png

The only thing that works for me is to export and not queue it to media encoder.

Reactions: fiberdude
Media Encoder and Premiere have separate plugin folders. My guess is that the ME plugin folder is missing some filter or effect that Premiere has in its folder.

Reactions: 4wd
Thanks for the pointer gjhick. I did a google search and found this:

If these LUTs are in the Programs/Adobe/Premiere Pro 2017/Lumetri/Luts folder tree, but not in the same place in the Programs/Adobe/Media Encoder CC 2017/Lumetri/LUTs folder tree, you get this.

Lumetri Color LUTs not being applied to export ... | Adobe Community

This is probably what happened in my case. black_magic100 are you using any luts or plugins?

I love the (relative) simplicity and logic of Resolve for that matter. PP is powerful and very complete but by adding all the extra functionality and features to the program over the years, it became very complex and somewhat illogical.

. If a copy of each LUT is in both folders then no problem. Or is that not what you meant?
I meant that my lut file is only saved on the desktop and I have no issue. Using adobe pro on pc windows 10

Media Encoder usually takes a similar time to work through but in theory you can close the project in Premiere and start another.
In practice you likely won't do that often on most machines as the encoding is usually giving the CPU etc a beating.
It's nice to use occasionally though so worth getting to the bottom of what's happening.

Not quite convinced that is what went wrong though. When Media Encoder opens and starts to run it's pretty obvious. Not sure it will run without you starting it off unless you have changed settings to make it start after (say) 2 minutes.
You shouldn't have any need to duplicate luts or plug-ins unless something was set up strangely.

I can confirm that my issue has been resolved!

I went in and deselected Adobe Media Encoder's prefs- import sequences naively. I did not copy any luts.

reference: Lumetri color edits not exporting in Premiere? ... | Adobe Community
1. deselect AME's prefs- import sequences natively,
2. use software renderer,
3. copy all missing luts/looks from premiere lumetri technical folder into AME lumetri technical folder

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allezzov