DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can anyone recommend a (cheap) Android tablet that has a bright display and will run DJI Fly?

RotatingBirds

Reactions
My Motorola smartphone's display isn't great under bright sunshine, even a shade over it doesn't help much. Because of this I'm thinking of buying an Android tablet that can be seen clearly in direct sunlight (if there is such a thing) - it doesn't have to be a new model, I'm even fine buying second hand as it'll only be used with DJI Fly.

Any suggestions please?

Cheap and bright don't necessarily go together
1000 nits or better
DJI CrystalSky 2017
DJI RC Pro 2021
Tripltek

Tablets that meet the following criteria:
Android 6.0 minimum
64 bit hardware and OS
3 or 4 GB RAM.
With GPS
Compass

Confirmed, Works on:
MM2
MA2
MA2s

Above specs verified @ GSMArena.com - mobile phone reviews, news, specifications and more...

Android Tablets
Lenovo Legion Y700
Huawei MediaPad M5
Samsung 8.7" Galaxy Tab A7 Lite 32GB Tablet
Samsung Tab А8 10.5 Wi-Fi SM-X200; Galaxy Tab А8 10.5 LTE SM-X205
Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 10.4
Samsung S5E
Samsung Galaxy Tab A
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active3
Asus Zenpad Z8s ZT582KL

The attached list is tablets only pulled from phantomhelp.com - best-tablets and phones. Some have the nits listed.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Tablet_List.pdf
    440.8 KB · Views: 60
I don’t understand why dji is so selective about the tabs and phones they allow?

I'm not sure they are being selective, it's more about the processing speed to run the application smoothly. It's like any other piece of software, you have minimum requirements to run the application. A lot of tablets just aren't up to snuff.

I don’t understand why dji is so selective about the tabs and phones they allow?
As noted, processing speed or performance is one issue, the other maybe the versions of Android installed and whether its been altered by that maker to do things for them perhaps that cause compatibility issues.

Reactions: Dragosmd58
My Motorola smartphone's display isn't great under bright sunshine, even a shade over it doesn't help much. Because of this I'm thinking of buying an Android tablet that can be seen clearly in direct sunlight (if there is such a thing) - it doesn't have to be a new model, I'm even fine buying second hand as it'll only be used with DJI Fly.

Any suggestions please?
Just curious: which Moto model do you have that is able to run DJI Fly?
Thanks.

Reactions: RotatingBirds
I'm not sure they are being selective, it's more about the processing speed to run the application smoothly. It's like any other piece of software, you have minimum requirements to run the application. A lot of tablets just aren't up to snuff.
According to my son, PHD Electric/Computer engineer, he said they could allow many more tabs and phones as its not that demanding.

Been using a Samsung A 8 2019 for DJI fly, WiFi only. You can pick them up for around £90 on Amazon warehouse deals. 32gb with 2gb of ram running Android 11. Display is pretty bright but still needs a hood in bright sunlight. Other than that it works fine.

L'écran de mon smartphone Motorola n'est pas génial sous un soleil radieux, même une ombre au-dessus n'aide pas beaucoup. Pour cette raison, je pense acheter une tablette Android qui peut être vue clairement à la lumière directe du soleil (s'il y a une telle chose) - il n'est pas nécessaire que ce soit un nouveau modèle, je vais même bien acheter d'occasion car il Ne sera utilisé qu'avec DJI Fly.

Des suggestions s'il vous plaît?
BSR
IPAD MINI 5 marche très bien avec mon DJI AIR 2S

There are many more than listed that work. Processor speed and ram most important. Storage important if filming, especially 4K. I use a hood to save a lot on purchase price. Bright costs.

Just curious: which Moto model do you have that is able to run DJI Fly?
Thanks.
It's a Motorola G60S, this model:

64 Bit CPU but the Android version is 32 Bit.

Since getting my drone a week or so ago I've flown it for about 5 hours using that phone and DJI Fly hasn't crashed, frozen, etc. Not yet anyway! :) (I just wish I could see the display well).

Last edited:
700. And a very reflective screen vs the more expensive controllers
The reflectivity of course is only an issue if your trying to use it certain positions where it could be annoying. You can compensate. However based on the couple videos I've seen discussing this, its not really an issue... Course even with flatter screens and higher brightness, trying to view a screen with direct or indirect light from the sun or other bright sources, would be annoying.

The reflectivity of course is only an issue if your trying to use it certain positions where it could be annoying. You can compensate. However based on the couple videos I've seen discussing this, its not really an issue... Course even with flatter screens and higher brightness, trying to view a screen with direct or indirect light from the sun or other bright sources, would be annoying.

Of course, "certain positions", always the one you are in! :D :D That plus the screen is small enough already (same 5.5" as my wife's tiny widdle iPhone MINI) so having it turn into a mirror is a PITA. That being said, I did order it with the new remote and also bought a 2nd hand RC231/RC-N1 for cheap because it's highly likely I'll go back to my iPad Mini 6 with the RC-N1 and sell the new remote when demand goes up which had no issues with a cheap sunshade over it on my previous Air 2 and that tiny screen isn't easy to see detail with my 74yr old eyes and fat fingers trying to poke 2 dots to get a menu !!! (sorry 'bout the run on sentence!)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair