DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can anyone recommend a good place to buy the Mavic 2 Pro

Reactions
and a "fly more" package, as I'm sure I'll need batteries. Is there a lot of variation in price, or does DJI have that nailed down across suppliers? Going to pull the trigger in the next day or so. Biggest fear is to find the same thing for $200 less right after I place my order.

Reactions: BossOlive
DJI's prices don't vary much, but the price can vary between authorized DJI dealers (even more so when they throw in extras). You can find a list of deals currently offered by DJI and many other dealers here:

Buy A DJI Mavic (Deals Updated Daily)

Yup. Like @msinger said, prices don't vary much at all. If you're set on buying this weekend you might do best just to look for a DJI authorized reseller that doesn't charge sales tax for your state. BHPhotoVideo.com is my go to for that in Utah but that may not work based on your location. If you have more time, you can watch for coupon codes that are good site wide on eBay. Those come up maybe once a quarter. Or you can use CamelCamelCamel.com to watch for sale prices on Amazon. Good luck!

Reactions: Point Zero
Yes, Look at what all they bundle with the deal. I bought M2P two weeks ago. Looked at Amazon, B&H Photo, etc. Look at what the vendors were bundling with the deal. I thought B&H would beat Amazon even though I was not getting as may of the accessories at B&H that vendors on Amazon provided. When I check the final price at B&H, I'd have to pay tax which put it with in a few pennies of Amazon prices and on Amazon I got quite a few extra items I'd gone and purchased separately any way.

I agree, prices are very close from vendor to vendor.

Decide what you want, what micro SD card they offer, what accessories they offer and look at the final price (Shipping or Free, Tax or not) that you will see on your credit card. That's your best deal

Just make sure you get the biggest fastest microSD you can get. Don’t cheap out or use the freebie included that some dealers put in.

Just make sure you get the biggest fastest microSD you can get. Don’t cheap out or use the freebie included that some dealers put in.
The Mavic 2 really cannot take full advantage of the biggest/fastest memory cards on the market since it's only able to write at a max of 12.5 MB/s. Any of the U3 memory cards I mentioned in this guide would be a good fit for the Mavic 2.

Mine is a U3 micro SD card and it works great. My Mavic Air would tell you if the card was not working (fast enough). Expect the Mavic 2 series would do the same.

Reactions: Briandcp
The Mavic 2 really cannot take full advantage of the biggest/fastest memory cards on the market since it's only able to write at a max of 12.5 MB/s. Any of the U3 memory cards I mentioned in this guide would be a good fit for the Mavic 2.
Where did you find that it can only write 12.5MB/s?

Here is what DJI says for the Mavic 2:
Speed up to UHS-I Speed Grade 3

Here is what Kingston says: UHS-I Speed Class 3 (U3)
Performance: 90MB/s read and 45MB/s write,

This is the card I'm using and No problems. Be careful about getting a cheaper knockoff. Friend of mine bought some on eBay that were labeled correctly, cheaper price, but when inserted in his Mavic Air, it did not like them.

Here is the card I'm using in my Mavic 2 Pro

SD Micro Card.jpg

Wherever you buy, make sure you understand the return policy including any "restocking" fees.

Where did you find that it can only write 12.5MB/s?
While all U3 memory cards can write data at speeds higher than 12.5 MB/s, the Mavic 2 is only able to write data at a max speed of 12.5 MB/s. You can find that limitation in following section of the Mavic 2 specs:

1553304510810.png

I got mine at Fry's Electronics with 20% off coupon. Knocked a big chunk off the $1499. Fly more kit on Amazon was $322, so I got the whole package for under $1500. That included 3 batteries, car charger, extra props, case and charging block.

and a "fly more" package, as I'm sure I'll need batteries. Is there a lot of variation in price, or does DJI have that nailed down across suppliers? Going to pull the trigger in the next day or so. Biggest fear is to find the same thing for $200 less right after I place my order.
I bought mine on ebay, new. Make sure you get the Smart Controller package. You won't regret it! Good flying.

Reactions: Coskier
It's best to buy from and authorized dealer if you are buying new as there could be warranty issues if the MP2 is purchased through a non-authorized seller. Our first purchases were via an Amazon DJI Authorized dealer. When I buy the next DJI product, it will be through DJI as the prices just do not vary all that much. You can always purchase additional batteries later, like one per month, for a few months. You are probably better off buying only what you will actually use, separately. Many of the so-called items in the packages are not all that useful, except for a few, like the landing pad and SD cards, if they are at least 32gb.

While all U3 memory cards can write data at speeds higher than 12.5 MB/s, the Mavic 2 is only able to write data at a max speed of 12.5 MB/s. You can find that limitation in following section of the Mavic 2 specs:

View attachment 66913
Wow, that is so tricky. Mbps is bits per second and MB is bytes per second. 8 bits to the byte so that means you have to divide Mbps by 8 to get MB per second.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000