DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can anyone recommend an iPad tripod adapter?

Marko9219

Reactions
Can anyone recommend an adapter to mount an iPad to my tripod legs? It just needs a standard tripod head thread system. There are a grundle of them on Amazon, but I'd like to hear from someone that has one and likes it's quality. Thanks!

Ram Mounts makes one. I've used their items several times. They aren't cheap and they aren't necessarily "pretty" but they are always rugged and last FOREVER!!!

This is the one I use in my car and work truck.

RAM Tab-Tite™ Cradle for the Apple iPad 1-4 WITH OR WITHOUT LIGHT DUTY CASE Unpackaged - RAM-HOL-TAB3U | RAM Mounts

You'll also need a ball mount.

RAM 2.5" Round Plate with the AMPs Hole Pattern with B Size 1" Ball Unpackaged - RAM-B-202U | RAM Mounts

For your tripod

RAM 1/4-20 Female Threaded Hex Hole with 1" Ball Unpackaged - RAM-B-337U | RAM Mounts

These vary... This is just an example.

RAM Double Socket Arm for B Size 1" Balls Unpackaged - RAM-B-201U | RAM Mounts

Told you it's not cheap, but I guarantee your tablet will never fall out of this mount. I also have a phone version on my sport bike. Well over 150 mph and no problems.

Last edited:
i saw a few on amazon.com
ipdadta01f.t.gif

IPDADTA01F

Adjustable iPad Tablet Tripod Floor Stand, with Tilting & Rotating Bracket - Black

Can anyone recommend an adapter to mount an iPad to my tripod legs? It just needs a standard tripod head thread system. There are a grundle of them on Amazon, but I'd like to hear from someone that has one and likes it's quality. Thanks!

amozon.com
part #IPDADTA01F

Adjustable iPad Tablet Tripod Floor Stand, with Tilting & Rotating Bracket - Black

Someone correct me if i'm wrong but I believe the MavMount is also tripod mountable. If so, you could kill two birds with one stone and have a better mounting system for using a tablet on the radio while also being able to tripod mount it when needed.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong but I believe the MavMount is also tripod mountable. If so, you could kill two birds with one stone and have a better mounting system for using a tablet on the radio while also being able to tripod mount it when needed.

You are correct, I’ve used mine that way also.

adapter to mount an iPad to my tripod legs

It depends on what the head on your tripod is. The standard thread is 1/4 - 20.
I purchased a MavMount 2.0 and I like it. Amazon has the original MavMount but it doesn't have a threaded hole for the adapter and some other features.
If you want pictures, let me know. I use an iPad Air 2 for the display.

Larry

I cut off The clamp that came with the tablet mount. You can Rivet or screw it against a chair. Clamping it on did not work for me. Gooseneck also bend to the shape of the arm of the chair when putting it away.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR