DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can anyone recommend some prop guards?

Robert Leigh

Reactions
Hi, I'm in the UK and I often have to fly my Mavic very close to objects (inspection work). I know that if its props were to touch an object, that could easily cause it to crash, so I'm thinking of buying some prop guards.

The trouble is, there are quite a few to choose from and I don't know which are the most effective, so could someone advise me please?

Ideally, I'd like guards you can fit without taking the props off first. Thanks.

The folding DJI prop guards are probably best for flat obstructions like walls, or large tree trunks etc, I have these, and they work fine if you are going to fly in such situations.
But if you are anywhere that risk of entanglement is going to be possible, like plant foliage, or rising up (or down) into something, then the full cages are likely going to be far more suitable.

When I was researching this subject, I read about all available prop guards, all reviews, and came to conclusion that the official DJI Propeller Guards are the best. Their main advantage is that you don't need to remove the props. I flew with them a couple of times and they're fine.

41h2QMyoqrL.jpg

I too would recommend the DJI guards, they're dead easy to fit and do the job. Just mind that they do cause a little more instability in the aircraft than without. Nothing to stop my recommendation but you need to keep on top of the flight a little more.

They clip onto the arms, nowhere near leg extensions.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11