DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can Camera feed be routed to SC's HDMI ONLY?

Gindra

Reactions
I have the FreeWorld Monitor attached to my SC and love the setup. It would be even better if I could route the camera feed to the HDMI output only, reserving the SC screen for telemetry etc. Thanks in advance.

hold your finger on the HDMI button on the drop down menu, you will see options for HDMI output to your external monitor

Reactions: Gindra
hold your finger on the HDMI button on the drop down menu, you will see options for HDMI output to your external monitor
Thanks. I have done this already and have the HDMI connected to my FreeWorld monitor just fine. The monitor only shows the live video from the drone camera. That part is perfect.

What I was hoping to do was to eliminate the camera feed from going to the SC screen too. I'd like to just see telemetry, OA radar etc, on that screen, no picture.

The FreeWorld monitor is 4k at 2200 nits. Really clear and bright and 7" to boot. No need for the SC screen to show the same pictures.

I haven't found a way to just have the camera feed go to the HDMI output. I don't know that it is possible yet.

I don't think the feed can be turned off to the sc screen, what I was hoping to do with my freeworld setup was to have the camera feed to the monitor and the map view to the sc screen, but alas no joy, apparently that worked in an earlier version of firmware but got broken somewhere along the line, here's hoping it will come back

I don't think the feed can be turned off to the sc screen, what I was hoping to do with my freeworld setup was to have the camera feed to the monitor and the map view to the sc screen, but alas no joy, apparently that worked in an earlier version of firmware but got broken somewhere along the line, here's hoping it will come back
Yeah! Being able to have Map View and all Telemetry info on the SC would be great! Here's hopin' . :)

Just noticed your profile pic Raven and all the electronic equipment. And I thought my setup was over the top! My workbench has O-scope, Misc. Power Supplies, Function Generators and Soldering Station . Nothing compared to what I can make out in your photo!

Hi Gindra, are you into amature radio, that pic is my radio station, call sign SA4MDN. better pic on QRZ.com

Last edited:
Hi Gindra, are you into armature radio, that pic is my radio station, call sign SA4MDN. better pic on QRZ.com
No, not a HAM operator. I build crystal radios of varying descriptions and sophistication as well as well as a variety of Van der Graaf generators. I also do cymatic experiments with sound waves. Just a home science nerd I guess.
Gary Indra

Maybe I misunderstood your question. Is this the setup you were trying for? Camera on the Feelworld, Telemetry on the SC. In the SC under HDMI output, you select camera only.

1573055526924.jpeg

Thanks for replying. That is how I have mine set up too. What I want is to eliminate the camera feed on the Smart Controller screen so it just displays telemetry. I haven't found a way to route the camera feed ONLY to the HDMI port and not to the SC screen.

Thanks for replying. That is how I have mine set up too. What I want is to eliminate the camera feed on the Smart Controller screen so it just displays telemetry. I haven't found a way to route the camera feed ONLY to the HDMI port and not to the SC screen.

This sounds very Interesting - Maybe a Solution to my thread could help -
At the time of writing this - I haven't resolved the question.

STREAMING onto a LARGE SCREEN HDMI while Flying

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair