DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can DJI Push iPhone 12P & 12PM to 1200 nits?

BrokenAero

Reactions
The peak brightness of the iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max is 800 nits, except when streaming certain HDR content like HDR10 and Dolby Vision.

Is it possible that DJI either thru software and/or firmware tweaks (or spoofs) could boost these devices’ displays to 1200 nits?

Perhaps the controller already does this.

The peak brightness of the iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max is 800 nits, except when streaming certain HDR content like HDR10 and Dolby Vision.

Is it possible that DJI either thru software and/or firmware tweaks (or spoofs) could boost these devices’ displays to 1200 nits?

Perhaps the controller already does this.
Could they..perhaps, but the phone couldn't handle it for longer than a burst of a minute or two, if that. Then it will throttle..just marketing hype sadly on phones brightness capabilities. Phones can't handle that type of heat generated by App running and that kind of screen brightness and it would just eat the battery as well. Given that the best Apple tablet is 500 nits and it has issues and is much larger with a much bigger heatsync. I think the phone could maybe hold 400 nits as a average, at least in my train of thinking...but what do I know ;)

Last edited:
Could they..perhaps, but the phone couldn't handle it for longer than a burst of a minute or two, if that. Then it will throttle..just marketing hype sadly on phones brightness capabilities. Phones can't handle that type of heat generated and it would just eat the battery.
Thanks for your reply - all very good points. And thank you for your service.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98