DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can i downgrade my Mini 2 firmware V01.05.0000 to V01.03.0009?

Why would you want to downgrade?

I'm not sure, but I don't think roll-backs can be done any longer. DJI has closed the door on hacks in recent versions and prevents roll-backs to prevent doing end runs around geofencing and presumably RID.

Why would you want to downgrade?
I have been a user now with the Mini 2 for not too long, however, I am getting major connection issues and battery depletion issues with the newest firmware 1.05.0000. I was on 1.03.0000 and was much more stable before.

Let me know if you guys know of any ways to downgrade possibly. I did try Assistant 2, and there's nothing there. I feel like DJI is dummy-fying the consumer end of drones and not too happy with it

Reactions: Jam0ne
I have been a user now with the Mini 2 for not too long, however, I am getting major connection issues and battery depletion issues with the newest firmware 1.05.0000. I was on 1.03.0000 and was much more stable before.

Let me know if you guys know of any ways to downgrade possibly. I did try Assistant 2, and there's nothing there. I feel like DJI is dummy-fying the consumer end of drones and not too happy with it
Thanks for confirmation of that. I'm not upgrading any firmware or map data bases (for geofencing). I'm keeping my "legacy" drones, Mavic 2 Pro and Mini 2 as they are until they won't fly without updates. And if they get bricked because they won't fly without updates I'll go look into hacking them. I've had too may issues with geofence unlocking. In the spring, or perhaps a bit sooner, I'll pick up one of the Mavic 3 variants which will have all big brother features locked into them but will still have options with my older drones. Not sure what I'm going to do with my Mini 3, but at this point it's staying put with older firmware and not updating the Fly app either.

Reactions: Starz
According to the drone-hack site , if you are at 1.04.* or higher , it's not possible to downgrade.
Yep... Not doin' it.... for that reason. At least untiil we know what the actual impact is of RID.
My plan is to get one of the Mavic 3 variants in a few months which will of course by that time be shipped with the then latest updates which I'm sure will not permit roll-back. But my "legacy" drones will be held back.

There are a lot of reasons. you can read peoples stories and find alot of reasons.
My reason is according to the FAA website, it tells you to use the B4UFly app for the restricted areas. But the DJI geofence has my area as a 195' limit. The B4UFly says i have 400' It is down the road where the 195' area is. I am legal to fly 400 but DJI firmware is limiting me at my house. There is a 230' crane I could hit if RTH were to kick in.

Still relevant issue.
If anyone has the know-how on how to tweak settings of Assistant app or any other that can be used to downgrade v01.05.0000, I would even pay for such help.

Last edited:
Still relevant issue.
If anyone has the know-how on how to tweak settings of Assistant app or any other that can be used to downgrade v01.05.0000, I would even pay for such help.
If even Drone-Hacks.com can't downgrade from that version then the dji official app is certainly not going to let you.

You're just going to be waiting a while.

Found potential way, but its tricky and could brick the drone.
There are some tools that make it possible to extract firmware binaries, basically allowing you to change whatever you want, before repacking it for flashing.

Idea is to do this to v01.06 firmware file, then upgrade to it from current v01.05, ending up with ARB value of either 0 or 1.

Then, using DH tool for flashing to, lets say, V01.03.0009.

Wo
Found potential way, but its tricky and could brick the drone.
There are some tools that make it possible to extract firmware binaries, basically allowing you to change whatever you want, before repacking it for flashing.

Idea is to do this to v01.06 firmware file, then upgrade to it from current v01.05, ending up with ARB value of either 0 or 1.

Then, using DH tool for flashing to, lets say, V01.03.0009.
Would need to find an exploit to get around the firmware signing. Which is how drone hack does it for some of the versions.

This guy has done some amazing work. Not sure if he’s still around.

what a dorky
Yeah, one that does not have to pay for a hack, because there are free tools that do not depend on a firmware version :cool:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143