DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I fix my battery error without upgrading to the latest firmware?

JustViewerFun

Reactions
I'm on Firmware 1.04.0000 - been there for a while, and I don't want to go up. I've been flying with all my batteries on this version for a while now.

The other day, I was getting ready to fly where there was no cell service and no internet connection whatsoever. After powering up the RC and AC, the DJI Go app said it detected a firmware compatibility issue with the battery. Without giving it much thought, I proceeded with the "fix", but it stalled because of no connection to the internet and DJI. What a F'ing mistake that was!!! The update failed, and my battery now shows the middle two LEDs on.

Searching the forums and YouTube, I see that the fix is to run DJI Assistant, connect the Mavic to the PC with the bricked battery installed, and run the firmware update. BUT, I don't want to update to 1.04.0100 or any later versions. I want to stay on my current firmware configuration. Has anybody had any experience with this?

Before I try anything, I wanted to ask around:
  1. If I use DJI Assistant, can I fix the battery problem without upgrading the Mavic firmware?
  2. Can I use Dumldore and re-flash by backup firmware to the Mavic and bricked battery?
  3. What is the best way to fix this without upgrading my Mavic firmware?
Thanks in advance.

Just run the same FW again. I think you can start it off with Dumldore if you have modded FW

You think? So, you haven't done it before?

It happened to me when I was updating my FW to the modded .000. The update wpuld get stuck half way and the battery bricked. Can't remember if I loaded the FW through Dumbldore to update the batteries or if they just updated automatically when I restarted DJI Assistant.

If you have more than one battery, you'll have to update them too.

It happened to me when I was updating my FW to the modded .000. The update wpuld get stuck half way and the battery bricked. Can't remember if I loaded the FW through Dumbldore to update the batteries or if they just updated automatically when I restarted DJI Assistant.

If you have more than one battery, you'll have to update them too.

Makes sense to me.

All my other batteries are fine. The bricked battery was fine for a long time also, so I don't know why it all of a sudden said incompatible firmware.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus