DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I fly here?

-MavicMiniPilot

Reactions
At fort de Soto park there are several no drone signs. I had looked on there website about all of the rules for the beach and nothing was mentioned about drones. There are no airspace restrictions on or nearby the property. What are your thoughts?F479F459-513A-416A-97C2-CD318AED7D31.png

Airspace is clear, but there may be rules about land use and drones. Reach out to the park itself. They have a chat feature on their website.

Airspace is clear, but there may be rules about land use and drones. Reach out to the park itself. They have a chat feature on their website.

I tried that. The only contact info for the park is a phone number but no answer. Thanks for the suggestion:)

Reactions: Vic Moss
I tried that. The only contact info for the park is a phone number but no answer. Thanks for the suggestion:)
I just looked. No drones. It's in the rules.

Reactions: -MavicMiniPilot
In addition to the legality of flying over that park, consider how intrusive the drone might be to people & creatures enjoying that park. If you have a job there, that's one thing, but if you're just looking to capture footage, well...

If we’re allowed to fly there, why should we not simply becomes someone objects? We have just as much right as they.

I’m not saying fly to be obnoxious. But if we quit flying just because someone doesn’t like it, where do we stop?

The Karens of the world can’t be given the perception they control us.

If we’re allowed to fly there, why should we not simply becomes someone objects? We have just as much right as they.

I’m not saying fly to be obnoxious. But if we quit flying just because someone doesn’t like it, where do we stop?

The Karens of the world can’t be given the perception they control us.
You do you. I try to be cordial in sensitive areas. I can legally fly over a National Park, but I don't because I too like to enjoy the peace and quiet. I can legally hover over my neighbor's house, but I don't because it's obnoxious. Too many of us in this world to not try to be a bit nice to each other.

It’s about flying friendly. But I won’t let a Karen ruin my fun.

I will (& have) flown over NPS property if I can maintain FAA regs. And have from NPS property for that matter (for NPS).

I’ll make it a point to not try and deliberately disturb others. But that’s ancillary to my mission. I’m only there a very short time anyway. And planes and cars make more noise than I.

Not gonna worry about how Karens feel, and neither should anyone else.

I will (& have) flown over NPS property if I can maintain FAA regs. And have from NPS property for that matter (for NPS).

I’ll make it a point to not try and deliberately disturb others. But that’s ancillary to my mission. I’m only there a very short time anyway. And planes and cars make more noise than I.

Well said.

A karen? It is an unfair assumption, repeated often on this forum, that anyone who objects to our drone flying is a) female and b) in the wrong, and quite possibly crazy. This labeling has undertones of misogeny. Please think twice about using stereotypes to label those who for whatever reason may have a very different view of drones to us.

A karen? It is an unfair assumption, repeated often on this forum, that anyone who objects to our drone flying is a) female and b) in the wrong, and quite possibly crazy. This labeling has undertones of misogeny. Please think twice about using stereotypes to label those who for whatever reason may have a very different view of drones to us.
Inside every stereotype is a kernel of truth. Nothing wrong with the term "Karen". Some people are just too touchy about it.

'Inside every stereotype is a kernel of truth' ? That is both nonsense and offensive. If you apply that to stereotypes of, for example racial minorities, religious groups and women you get into some very dark places. I will always be 'touchy' about terms that I think marginalise other people and negate their opinions by verbal bullying; we should call it out for what it is.
By all means stand up for your legal right to fly and refuse to be intimidated by those who are clearly in the wrong, but do it with respect .

• Haha
Reactions: Vic Moss
'Inside every stereotype is a kernel of truth' ? That is both nonsense and offensive.
I’m not responsible for your being offended. This isn’t the forum for this discussion.

Way off topic.
If you apply that to stereotypes of, for example racial minorities, religious groups and women you get into some very dark places. I will always be 'touchy' about terms that I think marginalise other people and negate their opinions by verbal bullying; we should call it out for what it is.
By all means stand up for your legal right to fly and refuse to be intimidated by those who are clearly in the wrong, but do it with respect .

Inside every stereotype is a kernel of truth. Nothing wrong with the term "Karen". Some people are just too touchy about it.
Far too unfortunate in this day and age, it is the Karens/Kens that bring about the unsafe conditions. The ‘get in your face’ performances conducted on operators of legitimate operations thusly initiating the potential for an unsafe event. And . . . Should something go wrong and someone actually get hurt, the Karen/Ken would point the fingers at all others except themself, for blatant interference of legit flight operations! Karens/Kens are, unfortunately, not up to par on what is permitted and what is not. For them, it seemingly comes down to their personal desires. Ligitimacy for them has no bearing on their personal recognition of the issue. Simply, Karen/Ken is correct and all others are not!

Reactions: -MavicMiniPilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada